Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of approximately 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favour a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a talented and passionate User Experience Designer & Researcher to join our team to be responsible for driving user experience across our new mobile app and other digital projects. You will be working within our Product and UX team, also collaborating with the Engineering and Communications teams on a daily basis.
As the UX Designer & Researcher you will take part in and oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with members of cross-functional teams to define, conceptualize, prototype, validate and develop business requirements into a usable, useful and delightful product. This role is remotely based and reports to the team lead in the Czech Republic.
You are a customer focused, detail oriented, thoughtful designer who tackles complex problems with systems thinking, an empathetic user-centred approach, and technological savvy. You have experience with successful digital initiatives and the ideation, design & development of web and mobile products and services. You can identify problems, propose solutions, recommend, design and validate implementations, and help developers and other stakeholders to improve the user experience. You can produce interactive prototypes and test them with users in a rigorous, data-driven way. You can demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design principles. You have a broad experience and a deep understanding of people’s behaviour and research methods to recommend and validate suitable UX solutions that solve customer needs.
- Take the lead in defining, conceptualizing, wireframing, prototyping and refining the design of our digital products.
- Help to define and drive the UX strategy and roadmap for creating a dynamic learning and community platform.
- Use business requirements, customer and other research findings to create user-centered designs, scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Contribute to the internal design system by developing and maintaining user interface specifications and other UI patterns.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create useful, usable, and desirable user experiences and interfaces.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6-8 years of experience as a UX Designer, Service Designer, Interaction Designer or UX Researcher within a large-scale consumer facing organization, digital agency or media company.
- A strong track record backed by an outstanding portfolio showcasing latest works.
- Solid hands-on experience with various types of user research (desk research, surveys, in-depth interviews, concept & usability testing, A/B testing)
- Experience working with customers, product managers, designers and developers in an agile work environment.
- Broad experience in designing web and mobile apps and ability to create lightweight prototypes for testing.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Deep experience and fluency in best practices for web, tablet and mobile design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in meditation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely.
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 65th percentile of market rate for this role, based on Payscale
data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity, but we know we need to do better. We strive to ensure that all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.