Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
seeks a talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our development team helping to build innovative, web-based applications. This position will support our contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office for Coastal Management
in Charleston, South Carolina. We are looking for someone who will work closely with product development teams in a casual and creative environment to build quality strategies that deliver an exceptional customer experience for our products. If you believe you have exceptional technical skills, enjoy working with technical and non-technical people in a collaborative team environment, and have a strong desire to apply the latest technologies to create innovative applications that address real-world environmental issues, then this is the job for you.
In This Position You Will
- Implement our quality assurance program and create automation tests with approved framework using latest technologies in the field
- Perform manual and automation testing of functional, performance, security and regression tests against web and data based applications, establish testing goals, create test plans, identify critical test cases and writing automation test scripts based on design requirements and client usage
- Work closely with an agile teams of talented developers to design, develop, test, deploy, and support applications, following an industry standards for software product development process using advanced web technologies such as AngularJS, Node.js, Middleman, Grunt/Gulp build pipelines
- Participate in research, planning, and brainstorming with development and project management teams through each phase of product’s Software Development Life Cycle
- Participate as a technical team member to proactively plan the implementation of enterprise systems across a wide platform of technologies
- Record, report, and develop workflows for tracking bugs and issues
- Triage or prioritize issues as found throughout the development and production environments
- Assist with configuration management tasks as necessary
Skills and Requirements
- Experience with manual testing, creating test plans and test cases
- Good grasp of version-control systems like Git
- Experience with bug tracking software (for example, Atlassian JIRA)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to translate requirements into test cases
Nice to Have But Not Required
- Five-plus years of experience in automated software testing or master’s degree in computer science
- Three-plus years of experience with functional, performance and regression test coverage using a browser automation framework in one or more of the following technologies:
- Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in working with or setting up continuous delivery and integration systems ( for example Bamboo and Bitbucket )
- Demonstrable OpenSource contribution on sites like GitHub
- We love Stack Overflow’s reputation
- Experience with automated 508 compliance testing
- Experience with performance and stress testing frameworks
- Knowledge of shell scripting (Linux, Windows)
View Examples of Applications Recently Developed
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.