Limelight is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join the team as a Front-End Developer to help us to continue to develop our industry-leading experience marketing application. This individual will be joining a dynamic team of energetic and intelligent individuals focused on delivering innovative solutions for a wide range of exciting customers from a multitude of industries.
If you’ve got that spark and want to be a part of a dynamic team building something great, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a remote role for US residents.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
As a part of the development team, your primary responsibility will be to build core aspects of the Limelight Platform’s Portal focusing on delivering awesome UI/UX. Of course, there will always be opportunities to contribute in additional ways. In this role, you will play a major part in shaping the technology and overall experience of the Limelight platform our client relies on and interacts with everyday.
- Develop and maintain Limelight Platform’s Portal UI, built on Angular (currently Angular 9)
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Close collaboration with other members of the development team to develop the UI, including discussions on API designs. Work with QA to ensure flawless delivery and with the Product & Design team to ensure we deliver smooth UX.
- Maintain code quality, architecture, enforce best practices including testing and help build CI/CD capabilities
- Stay up to date with new/emerging technologies to help adopt new frameworks or approaches where applicable
- See an application through its full lifecycle from requirements gathering through deployment and respond to any necessary production issues in a timely manner.
- There may be times we’ll need your help on our legacy UI built on JSP / AngularJS / JQuery, but we would really like to keep this to a minimum
- Tools we are using: Bitbucket (Git), JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins and TestRail
- 3-5+ years experience hands-on in building enterprise web applications with Angular 4+, TypeScript 2.9+, and RxJS.
- Education background with BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject(s) is nice to have but not a must
- Extensive experience writing testable and maintainable code
- Working experience with REST APIs
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members and help them level up
- Experience working closely with product manager and designer to collaborate in delivering an awesome UI/UX for our Portal application
- Proven ability to deliver complete product features implementation, from design to release
- High proficiency with Angular 4+,TypeScript 2.9+, RxJS are a must with experience in ngxs or equivalent state management framework
- Solid knowledge in working with supporting libraries / frameworks / tools on the UI such as npm, nginx, D3.js, SCSS, etc
- Understand browser constraints and web technologies limitations and the necessary optimizations that goes with it
- Never content with the status quo. You are always looking to automate, augment, and improve processes while following best practices and introducing new technologies as appropriate.
- Not afraid to step out of your comfort zone and dive deep into new knowledge.
Our Tech Stack
Our platform: On the front-end, Our new portal UI, in which you will be heavily focusing on, is built with Angular 9, RxJS, D3.js, SCSS.
On the back-end, it’s Java-based application (Java 8), with Spring Framework (Spring 5) and Spring Boot-based microservices (Spring Boot 2) with Docker. We use PostgreSQL as our database. The legacy UI is built with JSP, jQuery, and AngularJS.
We are using AWS as our hosting infrastructure. The platform can be built, tested, and deployed with a single click through Jenkins. We leverage Selenium for our UI Automation testing.
At Limelight, we strive to make everyday a fun, valuable work experience, where team members are encouraged, supported, and given the chance to do work that is meaningful to them. We have all the perks, sure, but the big thing at Limelight is very simple: we treat each and every team member the way we want to be treated. That means you own your career, and your earning potential is limitless. On the work front, we have everything from flex hours, to work from home days, to team-driven personal development plans. As a company, we believe in giving you a work experience that you enjoy that you excel at and that you can balance with the rest of your life.
Limelight’s technology and team turn branded experiences into the results brands and agencies need. We partner with some of the world’s leading brands to create amazing consumer experiences and dramatically better results, all backed by data and analytics.
A Silicon Valley venture-backed company, Limelight boasts more than 25 Fortune 500 brands as customers and is growing every month. For more information, please visit: www.limelightplatform.com
Please include a cover letter and résumé with your application. We thank everyone for applying, however, only those candidates who have been selected will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Visit www.limelightplatform.com to learn more about us.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Limelight’s values. We are a company of people of varied backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Limelight welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your interest in Limelight.