Our data platform ingests data at scale from Electronic Health Record systems at 100s of hospitals nationwide, using healthcare data exchange protocols such as HL7 and EHR. It is written in Python, uses Apache Airflow for workflow scheduling, and runs on AWS. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Platform, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the data platform and taking it to the next level.
This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the US, regardless of any location that might be specified. We have offices in Santa Clara, CA and Charlotte, NC for employees who prefer to work regularly or occasionally from an office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand product and infrastructure data needs from cross-functional teams (PM, Data Science, Engineering) and design and implement elegant solutions to support them.
- As a lead developer you will help to plan and scope new features, maintain and improve quality within the team, and set the direction for our future architecture.
- Own and drive complex initiatives to completion.
- Evolve our batch and real-time data pipelines with new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to support product needs and improve reliability, security and scalability.
- Drive elegant systems design and produce clean, readable, performant code using best practices and guidelines.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, on-call rotations, interviews, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience building production RESTful web services in Python in cloud environments (AWS preferred, GCP or Azure is also ok).
- Experience as a good generalist systems designer and coder who can come up with well thought out designs for scalable web services / systems and the ability to build them neatly.
- A strong command of Python and the ability to write and champion clear, easy to follow, performant and secure code.
- A robust understanding of database driven RESTful web services and web architectures in general.
- A solid understanding of SQL and MySQL and an ability to write complex, performant, elegant queries.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Managerial or Team Lead experience
- Experience working with serverless technologies like AWS lambdas, API Gateways and SQS
- Experience in developing GraphQL APIs
- Experience working on healthcare products