The mission of the Senior Software Engineer is to own delivery of projects of high complexity with strong effort and skill, significantly expanding the company’s capacity to deliver value to end users, while mentoring mid- or junior-level software engineers.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer…
- High Quality Code - Code follows both industry and LeadSimple best practices, causes few preventable bugs, doesn’t require many re-reviews, and changes are delivered on a daily basis.
- Debugging - Able to identify the root cause of bugs and potential solutions, and implement those solutions ASAP.
- Proficiency in specific technologies - Able to implement features and improvements independently using these technologies
- Front-End: React, Relay and GraphQL (1+ years)
- Back-End: Ruby on Rails, (3+ years preferred) Postgres, Redis and some Elixir
- Automated Testing: RSpec, Minitest
- Proficiency in Automated Testing - Uses automated unit or functional tests to verify changes and prevent defects. Understands the core principles of Test-driven Design (TDD) or Behavior-driven Design. (BDD)
- Clear Communication - Speaks and writes clearly in English and maintains this standard in all forms of written communication including email, tickets and Slack. Able to communicate effectively with their supervisor about roadblocks.
Expectations for your first 90 days:
- 30 days: You are familiar with the company, product, and codebase. You have shipped 5+ code changes to production.
- 60 days: You contribute meaningfully to the development process, delivering high quality PRs and PR reviews on a daily basis.
- 90 days: You are able to complete full-stack tasks independently in the codebase. You have also completed at least 1 cycle focused on resolving bugs & support tickets in your first 90 days.
- Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off (in addition to the above)
- Monthly Healthcare Allowance
- Yearly Vacation Allowance
- Fun and outcome driven work environment with a smart, hard working team
- Location independence
- Mission driven company and values-based culture
🚀 Want to join a team of A players in an exciting, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment?
We’re a small team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations, providing the leading CRM in our space.
The long version of our story: Back when web 2.0 was a thing (get off my lawn!) LeadSimple’s founders started a lead generation business connecting landlords with property management companies. Witnessing the challenges lead buyers had closing deals led into a natural segue to build out an industry-specific CRM which became the de-facto industry standard. Fast forward to 2020 when we released a process/workflow suite to move from the sales side of our clients business into the heart of day-to-day operations. The market was hungry and responded aggressively to the new direction, which led us to double down with growth and additional product expansion.
Please only apply if you:
- Embrace learning new technology
- Learn fast
- Communicate crisply
- Proactively seek solutions
- Own the outcome
- Embody emotional maturity
- Bring an optimistic “can do” attitude
- Have B2B SaaS experience (preferred
Our Interview Process
- Fill out the application
- Answer questions via video questionaire to help use get to know you (15 minutes)
- Entry Interview with a member from our People Operations team (15 minutes)
- Interview with Hiring Manager (60 - 90 minutes)
- Offline work sample test (up to 60 minutes)
- Possible panel interview (up to 60 minutes)
- Culture Interview (up to 30 minute)
- Offer call (15 minutes)
- Written offer
- Start date commences a 90 day onboarding period
SO…Are You All In?
Not everyone can hang. It take a special person -
Someone who’s all IN. We are building a “rocket ship” at LeadSimple,
And we need All Stars to help us accomplish our mission.
LeadSimple, our team members are connected and driven leaders,
Who take personal responsibility for what they create.
We hit deadlines, we’re obsessed with both the customer and
Team member experience. We own the outcome,
We overcome obstacles and we find life lessons everywhere.
You can do it in an office
You can do it from home
We really don’t care
As long as it’s known 👇
What matters is this…
When the chips are down
And your back is against the wall
Can we count on you to make the right call?
Judgment, intuition, or care by another name
We call it “Owning The Outcome” - because it really is the whole game
Have the customers back, and they will treat you the same
If you can do that
Then we’re birds of the same feather
So come join our team and we’ll make music together.