Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CVT (UTC -1)
, WAT (UTC +1)
, SAST (UTC +2)
, EAT (UTC +3)
About the role
The backbone of komoot is a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips; handmade Collections built by passionate outdoor editors with a wealth of experience in their sports. To help inspire our growing community in Italy through the best outdoor content, we’re looking to build a team of native-level Italian-speaking freelance outdoor editors.
What you will do
- Create unique, inspiring content for our Collections (https://www.komoot.com/collection/902010) and Guides (https://www.komoot.com/guide/40898)
- Use your knowledge of the most popular official bike routes, the best singletracks or gravel routes, the toughest climbs or the most beautiful hikes to inspire our Italian-speaking user base
- Independently build amazing routes on komoot
- Research and create relevant Highlights for mountain bikers, cyclists, bike tourers and hikers
- Review, rate and edit existing Highlights based on our quality standards
- Describe the most important aspects of a region such as its landscape, history, top attractions or infrastructure in a way that is useful and inspirational for hikers and cyclists.
- Write copy that’s easily understandable, SEO optimized and adheres to komoot's writing style
- Tell the stories of these routes and places — and some of your own adventures — to get our Italian-speaking users dreaming and active!
Why you will love it
- You will utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching, route-planning and writing
- Your stories will inspire millions of people, from seasoned outdoor-lovers to novice hikers and cyclists, and they’ll help establish our community in Italy
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3
- Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility
You will be successful in this position if
- You are a passionate outdoor editor with a minimum of 2 years experience
- You feel at home online and always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency
- You are an experienced mountain biker, cyclist, hiker, trail runner or bike tourer, and know the local cycling and hiking hotspots like the back of your hand
- You love planning routes for yourself and your peers
- You are available to work for komoot for a minimum of 20 hours per week
- You speak Italian on a native level in addition to writing and speaking excellent English
- You can write snappy and grammatically correct Italian copy
- You are highly motivated, excited about taking on additional responsibilities, and are structured and target-oriented in your approach to tasks
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you!
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A brief description in English explaining why you’d like to work at komoot
- Something to demonstrate your passion for the outdoors, be it a snippet from your blog, YouTube or Instagram account
- Three examples of relevant projects you’ve worked on to date (published articles, blog posts, campaigns, etc.).
- Your availability (hours/week)
- Your suggestion for a Collection which you think our Italian-speaking users absolutely need to see. Details here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DqQzKBOlIh9pnaHPd4Zhg4NG4dhaNKnRjHiuAzg-ZBo/edit?usp=sharing