Do you have a natural flair for connecting with people and a keen interest in design? Do you have an eye for detail anda desire to help people achieve their goals? If you are adept at navigating digital platforms, flourishin a self-driven role in a fast-paced setting and are eager to contribute to the world of online learning and design, this might be the role for you.
We’re looking for a Community Managerto help us on our mission to democratize design education because we are not just a learning platform—we’re the largest community for designers and design enthusiasts in the world. At Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), we’ve already helped over 165,000 graduates to improve their skill sets and careers—but we’re just getting started! Our ever-growing community now needs passionate ambassadors who will drive, shape, and grow the conversation around great design everywhere.
We’re proud to have assembleda remarkable team of unicorns who uplift, motivate, and push each other to excel daily. As we continue to create a brighter future for thousands globally, we are seeking a talented and kindred spirit to enhance our collective journey. We believe you could be the perfect addition to our dynamic team.
What you will be doing
Our community is at the heart of what wedo, and we put a colossal effort behind serving them as best we can. That’s why we’re looking for a Community Manager with an eye for detail, an empathic nature to help people and a natural drive for perfection to help us achieve our vision to become the best and most recognized design school on the planet.
Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey in which you will:
- Assist in the implementation of digital outreach initiatives to enhance IxDF’s online presence and community engagement.
- Assume the role of a brand ambassador and reach out to communities and organizations to help them discover IxDF’s free educational materials across various digital platforms and tools, ensuring wide reach to our audience.
- Act as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence and trust and use your knowledge of our platform, product and value offerings to increase product awareness among our target audience.
- Engage actively with our member base and online community, facilitating connections and discussions around IxDF’s resources, andfostering a supportive community environment.
- Support the team in maintaining a consistent and positive online presence for IxDF across social media and other digital channels.
- Learn and adapt to new digital tools and platforms to optimize content dissemination.
- Assist in optimizing and perfecting every element of how we engage with our online audience, from the copy in our social media posts to the tools and processes we use to maintain conversations with our users.
- Optimize and maintain internal documentation and training materials around our workflows and processes, focusing on continuity of style, consistency, re-use.
- Monitor and relay feedback on engagement/conversations via digital channels to the team.
This role is perfect for someone who is eager to learn and grow in the field of digital communication and community engagement. At IxDF, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a global scale, connecting with and supporting a community passionate about design and education.
Overall, if you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education, then congratulations—you’ve come to the right place!
- You have several years’ experience successfully managing online communities.
- You have a keen interest in design, education, and digital communication.
- You are comfortable with using, learning, and optimizing various digital platforms and tools.
- You are fluent in written English with exceptional writing skills, perfect grammar and an appreciation for the power of tone, brevity and microcopy.
- You have a keen eye for content, and you can quickly understand what type of content is meaningful, appropriate and useful in each situation or each platform, using a data-driven approach to inform your decisions
- You know what ownership of a task means and how to deliver it.
- You are hungry for efficiency and constantly looking for ways to maximize your results arising from the time you spend on a task.
- You are organized and proactive, with the ability to efficiently manage a variety of tasks in a systematic manner.
- You excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, consistently delivering high-quality work across a variety of tasks.
- You’re a great communicator who values transparency and team collaboration.
- You are adept at swiftly and positively adapting to change, with a strong commitment to continuous learning and applying new insights to your work.
- You are self-motivated and self-reliant, demonstrating outstanding time management and problem-solving abilities.
You get bonus points if you …
- have experience with working remotely.
- have experience using social media automation tools.
- have an interest in online learning.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to positively impact the lives of thousands of designers globally, making their learning journeys more enjoyable.
- The chance to enhance your collaboration and communication skills, working across various departments and locations to achieve exceptional results.
- A full-time position, within a fully remote organisation. Daily video-based contact with your colleagues from elsewhere on the planet, and you’ll get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times per year.
- Forget fluffy titles, political agendas and corporate drama. Your colleagues value your character, work ethic, and what you actually achieve. Junior or senior, if you embody old-school virtues of always striving to become the best version of yourself, you'll thrive at the IxDF.
- Work with a highly scalable impact-driven model where we’ve consistently created more than 50% growth year-on-year since 2013. Bootstrapped with zero investment capital but built purely on consistency over time and the conviction that affordable design education can improve the quality of life of humankind.
- Work in a company where the distance between idea and execution is minimal. We’re a highly agile organisation with zero bureaucracy or corporate politics – but with a high level of orderliness and efficiency.
- Have the chance to feel the impact of helping an ever-growing design education brand empower and enrich the lives of millions of people.
- Work in a company culture where idealism meets high performance and excellence. To help us improve the world (and yourself in the process), you’ll need grit, work ethic, long-term thinking, and self-discipline.
- Work with people who have a hands-on attitude and a bias towards action as opposed to fluff-filled, unrealistic strategies. You’ll need crisp execution skills yourself and the ability to impress your colleagues with concrete results, just like they’ll impress you.
How to learn more and apply
Please apply as soon as you can—we’re firm believers in the adage “the sooner, the better”, and we look forward to working with you!