Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At Help Scout, we make software that helps more than 12,000 small businesses talk with their customers. We’re a remote-first company
, with 170 employees working from 80+ cities all over the world and we’ve staked our reputation on being helpful, human, and existing for profit and purpose. We’re also a Certified B Corporation
! This year, we’re taking these values to the next level as we reintroduce ourselves to our audience of customer service professionals, small business leaders, and startup founders.
We’re looking for a SalesOperations Analyst to join our high-visibility team. The Revenue Operations team works as a strategic task force across various organizations within Help Scout, including Sales, Marketing, and Finance. Do you have a knack for problem-solving? Are you a quick and tactical thinker? If this sounds like you, we’d love to work with you!
You will be on the front lines of constructing a top-of-the-line revenue engine, leveraging your experience to guide strategic GTM initiative planning, best practices for revenue process creation, and documentation for our sales organization. Working directly with sales leadership, you will be a vital resource in strategic planning for team growth and evolution, driving exciting projects for teams ranging from Business Development, Account Executives, Pre-Sales, Partnerships, and Account Management.
A note about our current tech stack:
We use HubSpot for self-service and Salesforce for our sales team. We also use Chorus, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Looker.
About the Role
- Help scale our customer acquisition and onboarding, execute on ideas that scale
- Proactively search for areas to improve, streamline and scale using data, process, and systems in ways that measurably impact company revenue
- Work with Alex (Sales Operation Manager) to maintain, improve, and offer support for our internal systems that the sales team relies on (current stack mentioned above)
- Increase adoption of system and process enhancements by working with sales team management and their teams to message, document, and coach at all levels
- Optimize how the sales team goes to market through ICP analysis and list building for outbound initiatives
- Maintaining, enhancing, and creating documentation on processes (we use Slab), policies, and help-related materials tied to sales strategy execution
- Work with the rest of the Rev Ops team to build the insights and vision for how we want to scale as a business
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $107,000 or $113,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
- You’ve worked with a familiar tech stack: Salesforce, Outreach, Chorus, and a BI Tool(we use Looker).
- You love to dive into data sets to further enhance sales impact to the business
- You have a growth mindset, a passion for learning, and are willing to lean into discomfort for the good of our customers and product.
- You love puzzles, problems, and constantly making things better. Incremental improvements probably make you 😁 !
- You have worked in a similar role in a fast-growing SaaS business and are familiar with common marketing and sales metrics.
- You have experience with a business intelligence tool like Looker, Tableau, or Mode.
- You’re certified with Salesforce (SCA).
You'll Be Working With
- Eli Overbey, VP of Revenue Operations. You’ll be reporting to Eli, who is currently doing this job now. You’ll chat with Eli often to learn more about our tech stack and the company.
- Alex Araujo, Sales Operations Manager. Alex was our first Sales Operations hire, and has laid a solid foundation. You’ll work extremely close with Alex every day.
- Sales Coaches and Leadership Stuart (VP), Amy (Mid-market), Zainab (SMB), Simona (AM), Morgan (Outbound), and Ben (Partnerships). This will be the team you are embedded with.
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Bonuses - everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.