Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
Happy Cog is looking for a full-time Digital Product Manager to join our team. We’re a growing interactive agency of 70+ people in Manhattan's NoMad District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, &pizza, Dig Inn, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Harvard, Yale, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
We're looking for someone who has previous client-facing experience in a design and development agency or has created a diverse collection of products and is in their element in a fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you and you're passionate about solving an array of client problems while working with an amazing group of people, then we think you'll fit right in.
In this role, you will collaborate with a broad collection of Clients, individuals, and skills, including Engineers, Marketers, Analysts, Designers, Sales, and Executives. Working closely but independently with the Executive Vice President of Product you will aim to deeply understand our clients’ problems, most sensitive business challenges, desires, and their respective markets. You’ll conceive and execute short- and long-term roadmaps, execute typical day-to-day Product Manager responsibilities, and be a leading voice on client-facing teams developing new products or improvements to existing ones.
Responsibilities will include
- Creating, planning, and executing the vision throughout the product lifecycle, including but not limited to the definition of product opportunities, gathering, creating, and prioritizing specifications, defining product releases, and working closely with internal cross-functional groups to ensure goals and outcomes are met in a well communicated and timely manner.
- Run stakeholder knowledge acquisition meetings.
- Run User Research sessions pre and post concept and feature development.
- Own, create, manage, prioritize and cherish the backlog.
- Collaborate with product design to create, clearly articulate, and optimize the customer journey
- Highly skilled at translating user/business/research input into actionable, well-formed specifications.
- Experience with product management best practices, including techniques for identifying customer needs, prioritization exercises, road-mapping, testing, and data analysis.
- Experience in an interactive agency, managing medium-to large-scale digital design and development products.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, web design, and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components.
Skills and characteristics
- 4 to 10 years of Product Management experience with a successful history of delivering mid to large scale customer-oriented products and solutions in a wide array of industries and markets.
- Ability to recognize/create solutions to complex problems and then articulate how to solve them clearly and concisely.
- Ability to quickly learn and work in any industry, any market, on any device.
- Ability to deliver on time in an iterative fashion and on budget, delivering value as quickly as possible.
- Thoughtful, collected, and decisive - You are an effective decision-maker, understanding high-value trade-offs and making priority calls independently.
- Passionate about your products. You enjoy continually learning and creating products and the processes of making them.
- Commercial thinking and value-creation focused.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in communicating complex issues to C-level executives.
- Flexible hours.
- Paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Eligible for Simple IRA.
- Perks/discounts from many stores and services via Fond.
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.