What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers by engineers. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers. Our mission is to create a vetting process where:
- Engineers will vet other engineers
- Engineer vetting will be as close to on-the-job requirements as possible
- The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
- The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer's code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
G2i is short for "Good News to the Internet." In addition to being good news to engineers in the tech industry, we are on mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on. G2i is looking for a creative and results-oriented professional to join the company and head its SDR efforts. G2i is one of the leading talent marketplaces for developers and companies focused on React, React Native, and Node.js – the most important technologies for mobile and web apps. We embrace and enable remote work. You can work from anywhere. Our team is based throughout the United States and the world, including South America, Europe and Africa.
What We're building
In order to fulfill our mission & vision we are building a two-sided marketplace that will allow companies to find pre-vetted engineers that can augment their teams on demand. We're investing in features such as a quantitative manual review code process, individualized company match scores and machine learning to automate more of these processes. To learn more about how this position will support this mission watch this short video
G2i is looking for a resourceful and motivated team player to join the company as Sales Development Lead. G2i is one of the leading talent marketplaces for developers and companies focused on React, React Native, and Node.js – the most important technologies for mobile and web apps. We embrace and enable remote work. You can work from anywhere. Our team is based throughout the United States and the world, including South America, Europe and Africa.
The Sales Development Lead will report to G2i’s head of growth and be the company’s first full-time hire in the sales development role. You’ll be responsible for driving new business opportunities, generating and qualifying new leads, and setting meetings for our account managers. You will have a direct impact on G2i’s sales pipeline, and act as prospective clients’ first point of contact for our company and brand. As we grow, you’ll also have the opportunity to build out the company’s growth, marketing, account management and sales development teams.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to rapidly identify and assist some of the top companies in marketing & advertising, education management, information technology, financial services, computer software and the internet. You’ll respond, engage and qualify inbound inquiries. You’ll conduct pro-active outbound prospecting. You’ll educate and help companies and hiring managers identify remote and contract development needs. You’ll then convert those opportunities into pipeline, move deals forward and track them through early stages of engagements with G2i.
As the Sales Development Lead you will be responsible for:
- Managing, qualifying and assisting prospective customers inquiring about contract hiring of developers, providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to account managers
- Building target account lists and conducting outreach to hiring managers and human resource professionals responsible for contract hiring
- Conducting qualification calls and obtaining business requirements, developing account profiles and other materials for next-step conversations with G2i
- Set appointments for account managers
- Nurturing new prospective customers by conducting educational email and phone campaigns
- Collaborating with growth and executive team members on strategic sales approach, marketing programs
- Ensuring successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- 1-2 years working on an SDR team in a player-coach role
- 2+ years of experience as an SDR (preferably in a startup environment)
- Demonstrated ability to set and consistently achieve KPIs
- Experience working with CRM systems and prospecting tools (like Apollo.io, Outreach, Intercom, LinkedIn and others)
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, remote work environment
- Proven track record with outbound meeting scheduling
- Good working knowledge of the developer market and contract hiring (a plus)
- Ability to solve tough problems and discover client needs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Based in North America (US or Canada)
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are comfortable working remote and/or managing a remote team — We are a 100% remote first company.
- You value work life balance — you aren't encouraged to work weekends. We value our 40 hours work weeks.
We are not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow moving company. ****We're constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You don't want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We're a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.
G2i is an equal opportunity employer. We’re dedicated to building a team where diversity in both ideas and identities is not only welcomed, but encouraged. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are part of an underrepresented group in tech that is considering applying, but you have any reservations about doing so, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know how we can be more welcoming to you.
The other perks:
- We have a game night every 3 weeks which is a ton of fun!
- 21 Days of PTO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care (Gold Plan)