Documents. They are a part of most of our daily lives. And yet we just can’t find them.
The number one problem people have with documents is finding them across all the apps they use.
The FYI team is hard at work to solve this massive problem. When you join FYI, you’ll be working with co-founders Marie Prokopets and Hiten Shah on innovative solutions to it.
We’re a fully-remote customer-focused team of 10 who are improving how people collaborate with each other.
Now, we’re in the midst of building features to empower teams and companies to find the information they need quickly.
We’re hiring a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to become a key team member that helps fuel our growth and build a product companies love to use.
If AWS is your jam, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role is for you. FYI’s infrastructure is growing and we’re in need of specialized help to make sure everything behind the scenes runs as it should.
What You’ll Do:
- Architecture design, performance optimization, and data modeling.
- Deployments, infrastructure/exceptions monitoring, and automation.
- Cost optimization and scaling.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, and testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who we’re looking for
- You should know AWS, including: API Gateway, CloudFront, CodeBuild, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Kinesis, Lamba, RDS, S3.
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: Chalice, Elasticsearch, Flask, Python, PostgreSQL, SQL, Redis, Serverless.
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
What’s it like to work at FYI?
- We love learning from customers and being data informed. You’ll be working on a product that is backed by customer research from the start.
- Moving fast is a requirement so we can iterate based on what we learn from our customers.
- We highly value and celebrate clear communication and clarity of thought. Because the number one problem of remote work is communication, we’ve written about it here.
- We love sharing what we learn about how people work and collaborate online. Here’s a recent article on why people switch document apps.
You should include these in your application
- Your favorite infrastructure monitoring tool/s and why you like it.
- Why you want to work at FYI.
- Your resume, LinkedIn profile and GitHub. We want to learn more about you.