Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Follow Up Boss
Must be located: U.S.A.
Visit company website
View all Follow Up Boss jobs
It's 2019 isn't it time to find a job that lets you work where you want?
Who Is Follow Up Boss?
- We’re a simple, sales-focused CRM for real estate teams (and we use our own product)
- We’re a self funded, profitable company started back in April of 2011
- We’re a remote company with a mostly US-based team
- We don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it: https://www.facebook.com/followupboss/reviews
- Check out our video on how we work: https://www.followupboss.com/about/
Why Would You Want To Work Here?
- We’re a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive salary, health/dental insurance and 20 days paid holiday, $1000 to outfit your home office, yearly company meetup
This Role Is For You If…
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humour
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor).
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is considered an asset.
- Based in the USA, quiet home office with fast internet.
- Has lead operations team successfully in the past.
- Strong experience with configuration and infrastructure automation using tools like Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
- Well versed in using and managing various Amazon Web Services offerings. We use services such as ECR, EKS, RDS, EC2, Route 53, S3, ElastiCache and more.
- Continue to establish Infrastructure as Code culture and practices (we've newly started these initiatives).
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems (we use Datadog, StatsD, PagerDuty, Pingdom)
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, PHP, Python)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (we use Aurora MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD environments
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and networking.
- Proven track record of being security conscious.
- Has the ability to cross into the application development side as necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Once familiar, take ownership and responsibility for the infrastructure, reliability, scalability and performance of our applications and services.
- Accept and learn about the current state of our infrastructure to best identify how to improve it.
- Help build and lead an Ops team.
- Determine top infrastructure priorities.
- Actively measures and monitors systems.
- Actively troubleshoots issues with the infrastructure and services.
- Press us forward with more automation and tooling to support our customer growth and engineering team effectiveness.
- Mentor other team members.
30 Day Targets:
- Become familiar with the infrastructure, on-call team, product architecture and existing tools
- Pair with engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it
- Assist with internal security related work (e.g. company VPN, tweaking AWS IAM roles, etc)
60 Day Targets:
- Join on-call team.
- Determine key metrics not measured, setup monitoring and alerting for them
- Take over the responsibility of applying (and automating) security updates to our servers
- Assist in API rate limiting project.
90 Day Targets:
- Identify top infrastructure problems, develop a plan to address them
- Assist in hiring additional engineers for Ops team.
- Lead the on-call team.
Our Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
If this sounds like a great fit we would love to hear from you.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.