Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
As Facet’s first mobile first UX/UI Designer, you will be a foundational piece of the Product Team’s shift to meet clients where they are: on their phones! You will not only own the design throughout our whole process aimed at solving complex problems for our quickly growing user base but also be a critical thought leader in building a design team focused on mobile applications. You will help our team design upcoming features as well as explore ways we can enhance our user experience for our clients.
There is a tremendous amount of growth potential at Facet as we are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potentials; we truly value passion, sense of ownership and a culture of commitment as we grow our company.
- Work directly with our CTO and Head of Product to mature our design process and upskill how we approach UX/UI design across the organization.
- Engage diverse set of stakeholders and dive into their problems to create validated solutions
- Wireframe and prototyping within Adobe Experience Design (experience with Sketch, Figma or Invision is good, but you’ll need a proven display of learning XD).
- High-fidelity design and prototyping
- Perform user testing & interviews
- Take feedback and turn that into improved ideas
- You have a BA/BS or equivalent experience in UX/UI design or related field.
- You have 10+ years of UX/UI design experience, focusing on mobile devices and products.
- You have the ability to use data to inform design decisions & working knowledge of Tableau (or equivalent).
- You have a comprehensive portfolio of shipped work for products on mobile (and desktop, too).
- You have a strong command of design principles such as: Composition, Typography, & Color Theory.
- You have a working knowledge of front-end code. (You’ll need to understand how your designs will be built and work with developers to find compromise on fast iterations.)
- You have a strong drive to deliver beautiful product design
- You desire to push oneself to learn and grow as a designer
- You desire and ability to work both independently and in a design collaboration setting
- You desire and ability to receive direct feedback and mentorship
- You have experience working on a remote development team to get designs implemented as close as possible to the prototypes, pixel-perfect.
- You have an obsessive attention to detail & design.
- You thrive in an environment where you are asked to deliver features & products in buildable pieces so that we can ship & iterate fast.
- You have experience presenting solutions & designs to a larger audience and important key stakeholders.
- You are a self-starter. You dive into or seek out feedback, review shipped implementations, gather data & feedback to find room for improvement & take it all on.
- You have an understanding of or experience in the financial services industry.
- You have Marketing design experience, portfolio & interest - there’s always opportunity at Facet to work on both.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive yearly salary (salary to be determined by the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as alignment with market data)
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’ve consciously built an equitable and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to bring their authentic selves to work. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.