Documo builds document software solutions that help businesses streamline document processes. We make working with documents easy, more secure, and friendly towards our planet. We want to help drive mass adoption of paperless document technologies. We believe the way to do this is to build amazing products that solve and improve every aspect of document workflow. We couple that with our passion for customer success and our meticulous attention to design and user experience. We build solutions that are secure, easy to use, and improve business efficiency.
Documo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to head the engineering department. In this role, you will work closely with our tech leads to help build world-class products. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day of a completely remote and distributed engineering team and working closely with the product team to lead development and maintenance of the Documo suite.
- Partnering with product, infosec, and other stakeholders to balance an aggressive roadmap against engineering principles
- Lead and coach a team of skilled engineers and contractors tasked with delivering secure, flexible, and scalable features to our customers
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Create a culture of safety, high trust, and openness where people learn and strive to improve
- Facilitate design, architecture, process, and development discussions
- Regularly participate in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and challenges with ambiguous specifications
- Coordinate code reviews to ensure code quality and best practices
- Significant experience with addressing interpersonal conflicts/critical issues, organizing resources to meet strategic goals, mentoring/coaching employees, conducting employee performance evaluations, and recruiting/retaining talent
- Excellent leadership, communication, prioritization, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience with resolving conflict and building trust within and between teams
- A track record of building and managing high-functioning, inclusive, diverse, and productive teams
- An engineering/web development background with experience writing and reviewing code
- Familiarity with our tech stack:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes Engine
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match) *must reside in USA to receive benefits
- Work with a small distributed team that love what they do
- The ability to work from wherever makes you happy
- Work for a fast-growing technology company with a supportive, inclusive, and fun culture
We encourage you to apply
At Documo, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Documo is an equal opportunity employer.