WHO WE ARE
DockYard is looking for a TypeScript Developer (Contract). We are a 100% remote digital product consultancy. Our in-house team of product strategists, product designers, and software engineers specialize in delivering web applications with a user-driven approach and mindset. We also provide expert staff augmentation and consulting to help clients build fast, scalable, and reliable products and services.
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has a strong understanding of how to interface with clients. Candidates should feel comfortable and empowered to thrive in environments with open direction and loosely defined requirements.
Remote (U.S. based only)
Contract (expected 32 hours/week)
- Work independently or with other engineers to build and maintain growing libraries, APIs, and dependencies.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and other engineering teams to understand business goals, analyze requirements, and partner on solutions.
- Investigate and help define feature requests from various client team members.
- Participate in project planning, standups, code review, improvement suggestions, and other team activities.
- Understands best practices for web development and software design, and relishes opportunities to transform complex, legacy codebases into robust, scalable, and maintainable systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willing to learn and adopt new technologies guided by client requirements
NICE TO HAVES
- Lerna experience
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.