DNSFilter was born out of necessity. Our founders realized that the existing solutions for DNS security out there were clunky, convoluted and over priced. In 2015, they set out on a simple yet crucial mission—to revolutionize DNS security. We’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings. We support nearly 14,000 organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA, and provide service to millions of end users. Our infrastructure is made up of two anycast networks with over 300 servers in 53 datacenters. At the start of 2020, our software was processing 1B queries/day. One year later, we’re now processing 12B queries/day! In the middle of a global pandemic, our team (and product) thrived. We doubled the size of our team, and we’re looking to do it all over again in 2021.
To increase our development throughput, we’re looking for a senior software engineer with a strong passion for backend development to join our growing team. You’ll run point on a number of software projects and will mentor junior developers as needed. We’re looking for someone who has a track record of delivering quality code, can work with internal and external stakeholders, and is familiar with agile development.
- Build and maintain technical solutions that scale
- Work with stakeholders to identify features, highlight areas of concern and build out technical solutions
- Deliver real business value to our customer base
- Tackle additional tasks outside of your core specialization in order to meet the team commitments
- 7+ years experience developing and maintaining high quality code
- A strong background in Windows development using C#
- A strong background in Ruby development
- The ability to breakdown complex technical problems into manageable tasks
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- The ability to keep work hours that mostly overlap with 9a-5p Eastern, M-F
- A strong commitment to collaborative work in a remote environment
Bonus points for:
- A strong understanding of computer networking protocols and DNS
- Knowledge of iOS and Android development
- A strong understanding of data structure design and practical knowledge in querying languages such as SQL
- An energetic & entrepreneurial team player who is a strong and proactive communicator
- Self-starter who operates independently while being collaborative with the broader team
- Remote working experience
- Past experience working in a fast paced private equity or venture capital backed company
- A 100% remote position
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited & flexible Vacation Policy
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome company swag (Shirts, Yeti, Wireless noise cancelling headphones, Backpack, etc).
- $800 USD Home office buildout stipend
- Stock Options
- A diverse and inclusive culture that supports our employees no matter their beliefs, ethnicity or sexual orientation
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US Based Employees (health stipend for non-US employees)
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability for US Based Employees
- (Post-pandemic) in person Annual Gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Colombia!!