As a Site Reliability Engineer, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Build and maintain application platforms that are reliable, scalable, and performant
- Support Application Development teams in the design and development of new applications, ensuring that the designs are reliable, efficient, and optimized to meet the performance needs of the business
- Facilitate capacity planning in collaboration with networking, infrastructure, and application development teams
- Build and maintain application development systems and processes to facilitate effective change management
- Automate and standardize repeatable tasks with software
- Develop and execute monitoring strategies to analyze performance trends and ensure rapid issue response
- Respond to performance and availability issues for application platforms, and resolve issues in response to reported incidents
- Provide on-call coverage for supported applications to ensure performance and availability within service levels
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems and/or a minimum of 7+ years of related experience required
- 3+ years of experience developing and operating distributed systems
- 3+ years of Linux server administration
- Experience building and maintaining a Container Infrastructure (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience building systems via configuration as code (Ansible preferred)
- Experience administering, monitoring, and performance tuning web application platform technologies, including but not limited to: ngnix, node.js, redis
- Knowledge of networking principles and how they relate to the architecture and performance of distributed systems
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
- Results Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Learning Agility
- Apply Knowledge
Physical Job Requirements
- Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer screen.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Travel as necessary.
- Dealer Tire is a drug-free environment. All applicants being considered for employment must pass a pre-employment drug screen before beginning work.
Why Dealer Tire: An amazing opportunity to join a growing organization, built on the efforts of hard working, innovative, and team-oriented people. We offer a competitive salary + bonus, and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of employee contribution).
EOE Statement Dealer: Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act*), or any other legally protected status, with respect to employment opportunities.
*ADA Disclosure: Any candidate who feels that they may need an accommodation to complete this application, or any portions of same, based on the impact of a disability should contact Dealer Tire’s Human Resources Department to discuss your specific needs. Please feel free to contact us at ADAAAccommodation@dealertire.comor via phone at 833-483-8232.