Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
About the Role
Cube is hiring a Software Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Team located across the US and Canada. We’re a remote-first company that is motivated by supporting people in typically unsung roles like Finance. Our goal as a company is to create an extremely simple and straightforward product in an industry (Financial Planning and Analysis, FP&A) that deals with complex data and modeling.
As a team, we’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to take ownership across the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement, psychological safety, and great communication and collaboration. As a valued member of our team, you’ll partner closely with our Engineering and Product teammates, as well as our Marketing and Customer Success Teams. You’ll report to our Head of Engineering, Jason Bellamy. This is a great opportunity to come into a focused team and build out processes and structures that will elevate the entire Engineering department.
A glance at our tech stack:
- Our back-end is written in Python and built using Django.
- Our infrastructure is hosted within AWS and follows the well-architected framework.
- Our processes are driven by automation, experimentation, observability and security.
How you’ve been spending your time:
- Experience leading software engineering teams in a remote-first environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and are able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver well-designed and well-tested software within an agile environment.
How you’ll spend your time with Cube:
- Ensure your team is constantly exceeding all of their commitments and performance goals.
- Nurture an environment of continuous growth within your team by providing motivation, mentorship, and learning opportunities.
- Take ownership of the projects, practices and processes within your team and constantly ensure success and improvement.
- Foster a culture of goal setting within your team and ensure everyone is continuously working towards their goals.
During your first 3 months at Cube:
- Get familiar with our product, customers, and the problems we’re trying to solve as a company.
- Become familiar with our technical stack, standards, and best practices.
- Be eased into our on-call rotation to learn how we respond to and resolve production issues.
- Help shape your team by participating in the hiring process.
- Understand the career goals and motivations of the team reporting to you.