Headquarters: Boise, ID - Remote role
Visit company website
View all ConvertKit jobs
ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we're looking for a talented financial analyst to join our Operations team.
This role is designed for you if you’re a strong finance expert with robust financial modeling & analysis experience, built on good problem solving, and cross-team collaboration skills. You are a leader who is hands-on by nature and has an exceptional level of timeliness and accuracy in your work. You have firm ethics that drive your actions. This position is for you if the next step in your career adventure is working on hard challenges with a stellar group of teammates, driven by purpose and mission, and having fun along the way!
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We are a 100% remote team with the goal of having 50 teammates or less.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
- Exceptional financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and still be detail-oriented
- Strong technical, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated quantitative, system thinking and finance skills
- Exceptional writing skills, as well as outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative work style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments; ability to build relationship and trust with remote colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to proactively anticipate and resolve potential issues
- Ability to work well within deadlines
- Familiarity with SaaS KPIs
- Understanding of accounting principles and systems
- Build out a comprehensive financial model for our business, working with a list of variables and with our current data sets to conduct analysis, document results, and develop execution plans
- Create monthly forecasts that incorporate current data and any relevant functional input including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Be able to work autonomously and self sufficiently
- Play a key role in budgeting and planning activities by supporting the team through budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting
- Coordinate with teams to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding operating forecasts and help identifying levers for business units
- Proactively provide business insights to drive data-driven decision making
- Perform variance and trend analysis between actual, budget and forecast targets for our SaaS business
- Create ad-hoc analysis as needed such as MRR ROI and risks between options
- Work with outside firm to manage all accounting activities across the company including monthly and quarterly close process and reporting
- Establish scalable internal controls
- Proactively manage cash flow activities
- Other operational or accounting responsibilities as needed. We’re a small team and are committed to ConvertKit’s and each other’s success
- 2+ years of experience in finance or finance-related experience within a startup
- Experience with SaaS business models OR similar functions within a SaaS/tech firm highly preferred
- Experience aggregating data sets across multiple platforms
- Exhibited competence with Excel. SQL skills a bonus!
- B. S. degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative field or commensurate experience of 3 years
- Experience with accounting systems and managing those systems preferred but not required
- 3 weeks paid vacation, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment, 8 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after your child is born
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly "paid paid vacation" bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
- Equity options after 1 year of employment
- Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of this job posting as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for the role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.
Applications for this position close on February 15th, 2019.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.