Director of Customer Success
View all ConvertKit jobs →
About the Company
ConvertKit is email marketing software for online creators - the authors, makers, chefs, photographers, YouTubers, teachers, artists and other creators building the future. We have 18,000 paying customers, send 400 million emails per month, and are growing revenue quickly.
Think of ConvertKit as the fuel cell powering the core of every creator’s business. Email remains the #1 tool for building an audience and making a living online. If you believe in the importance of empowering entrepreneurs to build the future, then you believe in the work we do at ConvertKit.
We're a remote team of 30+ people in 24+ cities across 7 countries. We hire A-players and treat them like A-players because we believe in the power of great company culture to help us grow.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to lead and grow the customer success team at a company that views its customers as people instead of numbers.
ConvertKit is looking for an authentic leader with a passion for helping customers find success. Reporting to the VP of Growth, the Director of Customer Success will possess a deep knowledge of the customer lifecycle and will coach and mentor others on the team. Along with focusing on improving revenue growth (through account expansion and retention), you will lead our support team in providing top notch (and speedy) care to our customers.
You will serve as a key voice within the organization representing our customers internally--including: leading activities focused on maximizing adoption, retention, and overall lifetime value, while ensuring our customers are realizing measurable value from ConvertKit.
Measures of success include:
- Response times
- Quality score
- Expansion revenue
- Conversion from trial to paid
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive initiatives aimed at reducing churn and increasing adoption
- Define and optimize our customer lifecycle and account management strategy
- Recruit, hire and train new talent in both success and support
- Enhance team effectiveness and efficiency through processes and technology
- Strive for blend of fast and high quality response times
- Lead team in defining key metrics and using data to drive decisions
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission to help creators earn a living.
- 5+ years experience leading a customer success team at a SaaS company
- Deep understanding of recurring revenue business models
- Passion for creative leadership, teaching and learning
- Strong empathy for customers with the drive to impact revenue and growth
- Data driven with the ability to define and drive key metrics
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Self starter! We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
- Work from anywhere (no really, anywhere)
- Competitive, equitable salaries based upon real market data
- Bi-annual team-wide profit sharing tied to company performance
- 3 weeks paid vacation (with a 4th week added after one year with the team)
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus (we seriously want you to take your vacation days)
- 7 paid holidays
- 5 sick days
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid paternity leave for new parents
- 401K with up to 4% of salary in matched contributions
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Bi-annual team retreats
- Generous equipment budget