Sr. Security Engineer
View all Cofense jobs →
Cofense is seeking a dedicated Sr. Security Engineer to join its engineering team. The successful candidate will have professional work experience in the information security industry.
This is a full-time position working for Cofense, Inc. Outsourcing firms and contractors will not be considered.
- Lead internal security efforts and manage outside professional service vendors, as needed
- Contribute to architecture and network design discussions
- Stay on top of security news, breaches, vulnerabilities, and advisories
- Interpret public vulnerability advisories to determine if and how they affect the company
- Monitor, catalog, and patch infrastructure
- Perform internal security audits including highly-sophisticated phishing simulations
- Verify findings from static analysis tools (Brakeman)
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures and policies to meet operational needs and compliance requirements
- Assist with security questionnaires from Cofense customers
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Your experience should demonstrate that you:
- Have a strong understanding of how to make networks, hosts, and software more secure
- Understand fundamental security concepts such as cryptography, authentication, authorization, protocols, and vulnerabilities
- Have configured and managed SIEMs, IDSs and other common SOC solutions
- Can write tools to automate things using Ruby or Python
It would really be outstanding if you:
- Have worked with both physical hardware and cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred)
- Validated findings from static analysis tools (Brakeman preferred)
- Are able to write maintainable code
- Have attained a four-year degree
- Have customer support experience (retail, help desk, consulting, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.