Catch Co.’s vision is to create the most loyal customers in the entire outdoors industry. The Consumer Insights Associate position will be critical in owning a range of qualitative and quantitative research efforts to advance this goal, including surveys, focus groups, shop-alongs, and first-party data analysis. This individual should understand our customer better than anyone and effectively share those insights with every functional team across the company. In-scope insights projects will be a combination of reactive requests to cross-functional business needs and proactive analysis to dig deep into actionable areas of opportunity.
What you will do:
- Partner with the Director of Strategy & Insights to build out a best-in-class consumer insights organization.
- Be the main company advocate for consumer insights and work to more deeply embed a data-driven and insights-centric approach into everything we do.
- Independently lead a range of primary consumer research efforts, including designing and implementing surveys, segmentations, focus groups, shop-alongs, and ethnographies.
- Own administrative duties around our consumer collaboration communities.
- Maintain a strong grasp of industry trends, both in CPG/ecommerce and the fishing industry.
- Mine large amounts of disparate data, interviews, and feedback to uncover the “killer” insight that translates into actionable opportunity for Catch Co.
- Effectively communicate impactful insights in a narrative-based structure with key stakeholders and ensure resulting recommendations are objective and actionable.
- Collaborate with the Brand & Product team to ensure feedback and inputs needed for new product development are delivered in a thorough and timely manner.
What experience you need:
- 2-3 years of direct consumer research / insights experience (at either a brand or agency).
- Deep experience leading custom research, including independent execution of focus groups and surveys.
- Ability to confidently communicate key findings to a broad array of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fishing experiences a plus, but not required.
What will make you successful:
- Hustle: Be a team player who is willing to “roll-up your sleeves” and do whatever needs to be done to better understand our customers.
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Data-driven mindset
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.