Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
YOU: An experienced and hands-on Product Marketer who is passionate about cultivating excellent messaging strategies and collaborating cross-functionally.
Rural. Fully Remote. Bootstrapped. SaaS. Profitable. 3x Inc. 5000 list. Carrot.com
As the primary conduit for product messaging at Carrot, the Product Marketer will be responsible for cultivating a messaging strategy and enabling other teams to tap into a foundation of consistent and effective content for use across the entire company.
This role will be very hands-on with content creation and enable key rework of existing assets, in addition to paving a path forward for improvement and experimentation.
Reporting directly to the Marketing team, they will have an intimate knowledge of the Carrot platform and its features but will closely align efforts with Product, Customer Success, and ongoing promotions.
As an extension of this role, the Product Marketer will directly conduct feature adoption campaigns and keep their pulse on member perception and messaging effectiveness.
Goals & Responsibilities
- Own the messaging strategy for the Carrot product. Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the product in the market.
- Generate empathy with Carrot’s members and solve for a perfect fit between their needs and feature representation.
- Lead go-to-market launch promotions (landing pages, campaigns in partnership with product team) with execution assistance from members of the marketing team.
- Maintain cross-functional messaging calendar between Marketing/Customer Success/Product.
- Lead strategy and positioning of core pages of the Carrot website and make ongoing content updates as needed.
- Lead member outreach campaigns and support execution of website A/B testing.
- Publish feature updates and release notifications to members.
- Collaborate closely with ongoing Product and Customer Success initiatives and promotions.
- Create ongoing member surveys to identify opportunities to improve product positioning.
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to identify data, testimonials, and case studies to include in product-led content.
- Highly organized and excited to lead projects.
- Create content playbooks for key marketing processes.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a Product Marketing (or similar) role.
- Proven record of successful content creation strategy and execution.
- Highly organized and has the ability to prioritize and plan projects in a productive manner.
- Expert in direct response copywriting and marketing skills (product-focused).
- 2+ years working with content management systems (e.g. WordPress).
- 2+ years working with messaging systems (e.g. Intercom).