Bonfire is an ecommerce platform where anyone can design and sell custom apparel online with a no-inventory campaign-based model. Our users range widely, including nonprofits raising money and building brand awareness, content creators engaging their audiences, individuals launching personal fundraisers, and everything in between.
We build software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying or selling custom apparel online. Our UX-heavy modules include our self service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. We also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business with portals and services that serve admin, preproduction, design and fulfillment needs.
We are looking to hire a Java Spring Developer who will be working on REST API and Angular/Vue.js frontend apps. We are looking for a long-term relationship and committed individuals to join our team.
- You are a critical thinker, a fast learner, and enjoy being a problem solver.
- You can work on a feature from start to finish, communicate about it, and ask the right questions.
- You are comfortable with Java and can confidently write code and see it deployed to production servers.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Spring (Boot).
- SQL comes naturally to you and you understand how JPA/Hibernate works.
- You are not afraid to SSH into a server and change some configuration files.
- Your English is proficient.
- The Senior Java Developer is responsible for implementing new features, fixing bugs, and improving and refactoring code.
- Most of what we do is web-related – many tasks will ask you to implement REST endpoints to achieve some business objectives and connect the dots on the web.
- However, much of our tasks are not strictly web-related and may challenge you in other ways (e.g. data analytics, network communication, database optimization, etc.).
- You will have a lot of independence and agency while working, but you will communicate with other colleagues daily and often work with them directly to solve coding issues.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Support continuous improvement
- Investigating alternatives and technologies
- Presenting for architectural review
The Work Environment
This is a remote position. You have an amazing opportunity to join our fast growing platform and contribute to our continued expansion and success!
We offer you an outstanding team environment, a low stress atmosphere, and an opportunity to advance your career by building amazing things on a modern tech stack.
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to take time off as needed
- The chance to make a real impact on the company’s growth and history
- The ability to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)