View all Biteable jobs →
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with serious analytic prowess and superstar strategic skills.
Interested in taking on a leadership role to build a kick-ass product? Read on…
This is a incredibly rare opportunity. As Product Manager, you’ll take direct ownership of a product that’s used (and loved!) by millions of people, and which adds thousands of new users every day. Biteable is well-funded, ambitious, and we don’t ever settle for “good enough” – and neither should you.
In addition to your (minimum) 5 years of experience, you also consider yourself to be data-driven and customer-centric. You’re confident in your ability to leverage your analytic prowess and leadership skills to identify, design, build, and launch cutting-edge online experiences. Most of all, you know what it takes to build a great product. Your ability to combine quantitative and qualitative data means that your informed deliver amazing results.
In this role, you’ll partner directly with the CEO to create a product strategy that’ll 10x our user base, revenue, and reach over the next 3 years. You’ll help build Biteable into a video creation platform that’s not only powerful but extremely easy and intuitive to use.
As our first full-time product hire, you’ll be responsible for driving product strategy. You’ll also help support the engineering team to deliver great results, by helping connect them with our customers. You’ll lead the charge in communicating the strategy and data to help us make decisions, and will fill the gaps for the team as necessary. This is a hands-on role.
We have offices in Melbourne and Hobart and a team of remote staff around the globe.
Things you might do
- Collaborate with the founders to form and communicate the strategy and roadmap to optimise customer onboarding, engagement, and retention
- Work with UX to ideate and prototype potential offerings, conduct usability tests, and perform user research
- Wrangle up a group of customers to get their feedback on the latest product and understand what jobs they’re trying to do
- Create clear specifications and requirements to guide engineering
- Identify, plan, prioritize, and manage work on new products and features
- Form product hypotheses, execute and report on A/B tests and iterate, to relentlessly improve product performance
- Conduct competitive analysis and report back to the team on actionable findings
- Identify, implement, and report on success metrics for new features and products
More about you
- You’ve got a minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management (or similar). You’ve worked with Internet/software products in the past, and have had increasing levels of responsibility.
- You’ve got demonstrated success in leading the development of multiple successful Internet products (or significant customer-facing features) through multiple releases.
- You’re analytical and metrics-driven with a hypothesis-based mentality. You know how to identify, implement, and analyze success metrics, and conduct A/B tests for multiple products.
- Your communication and collaboration skills are strong, and you’ve got the ability to work closely with the founders, as well as engineering, design, business planning, and customer service teams.
- You have experience with user and market research, and strong ability to champion customer and user needs to the rest of the organisation.
- You’re proficient in Agile development methodologies. You’ve also served as the Product Owner (or equivalent role) in Agile teams.
- You can demonstrate empathy for customers, and the ability to translate ambiguous insights and observations into features and product improvements.
- You’re a self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal guidance.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex, diverse and changing environment. You can focus on key business goals and execute on a plan with constrained resources.
* Bonus: experience starting or running a small business, or building products or services for small business customers.
Biteable is the world’s simplest video maker. For the past four years, Biteable has helped makers, creators, business owners, and marketers share their stories through video.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve:
- Created a community of over 2.7 million users
- Rendered 3.4 million videos
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital
We believe that the world of video content shouldn’t be limited to the big brands of the world. Everyone should be able to make high-quality beautiful videos, and make a big impact with realistic costs and minimal hassle. We’ve been steadily growing our customer base and revenue, and with our latest round of funding we’re looking to significantly scale up our team – which includes building out our product to become synonymous with online video creation.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
A little about yourself (and what city you’re living in!)
A paragraph or two on your work experience,
And share any relevant links that showcase your professional work (LinkedIn, Twitter, a personal site, etc.)
Thanks for your interest in working with us. We look forward to hearing from you!