Who we are and what we’re looking for:
Bergamotte is reinventing flower-and-plant delivery since 2016 in France with an optimized sourcing, direct buying, exclusive collections of handmade bouquets and a tailor made customer experience. As part of our development on the European market in 2021, we're looking for talented folks to join our growing development team!
You will join a small, but increasingly focused, product and development team and help us fine-tune and improve our existing systems, applications and processes, all while looking to the future as we design and build new features, capabilities and help scale to match the success of the business.
Backend developers at Bergamotte are responsible for building, improving and maintaining the platform on which both the customer facing aspects of the business and the internal tools, which the entire company use daily, are built. This allows for working on a wide range of projects–recent examples include ensuring our shop is as fast possible, implementing connections with new delivery providers, automating/improving workshop workflows and improving internal reporting systems.
Given we’re still growing, you’ll still be involved in all aspects of the development process, so the ability to be able to work on more than the backend (frontend, infrastructure, etc.) will mean you will still have the opportunity to work on more than just the platform code itself if you desire.
We’re looking for developers who have experience working in growing teams/companies, are pragmatic, but are not afraid to try something new, have a great eye for detail in all aspects of your work and have an interest in building fast, scalable and maintainable systems.
You will be able to work from our stylish office in downtown Paris, France or from the comfort of your own home, wherever that may be - it’s up to you.
You will be expected to:
- Build, improve and maintain the Bergamotte platform
- Help find, debug and fix issues with existing production systems
- Work with other product and development team members to define scope and help the product team refine our roadmap
- Continually help to improve the development team standards and processes
- Be accountable for the quality of your work, and hold others to the same level
- Notable experience working on e-commerce and/or internal apps
- We mainly work with Ruby, especially Rails, experience with these isn’t a hard requirement but it would be a big plus given the current size of the team
- Strong preference towards writing clear, tested code and maximising the benefits of version control (e.g. code reviews) and CI/CD in the development process
- Great written and spoken English skills
- Able to work full-time
If this sounds interesting to you, the first (and most important) step of the application process is a coding exercise. Please get in touch at email@example.com to let us know a bit about you, why you'd like to join us and we'll send the exercise to you (please make sure to include your GitHub username).