We are looking for an early-stage backend-developer comfortable doing early-stage infrastructure, or a DevOps engineer comfortable coding. We’re a small (<10) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Setup, support, and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Setup, support and maintain code management and CI/CD pipelines
- Implement monitoring and security best practices.
- Own the stability and automation of our deployment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Understanding of deployment orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and/or Nomad, Consul
- You have proficiency with shell scripting and one or more scripting / automation languages (e.g. Python, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Knowledge of the AWS stack
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub, CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team but also focus and execute on your deliverables.
- Experience with managing relational datastores.
Desired but not Required
- Experience operating React, Go, and Postgres stacks.
- Experience building and running applications for the insurance industry.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US, UK or Europe at this time.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.