THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION EXCLUSIVELY FOR BRAZILIAN CITIZENS.
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress
within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem. AlphaSights' Engineers build features across our ecosystem of products and services, both internal and client facing.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will build the next generation of our product suite to enhance the value we deliver to our clients. You will enhance the intelligence and capabilities of our systems, optimize workflows, remove pain-points, develop reliable services, and build the features that will take us to the next level. Your work is important because our internal teams depend on our core technology to serve our clients on a daily basis. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
- Scale our Transcript offerings to serve all clients across the globe
- Build our next-generation Survey system
- Accelerate our migration to a microservice architecture
- Improve the performance of our applications
- Improve developer tooling and processes
- Understand our business context deeply and leverage your engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems
- Occasionally lead a small team to plan, prioritize and deliver product releases
- Develop backend services in Kotlin
- Dive into our legacy Ruby on Rails applications when necessary
- Have at least 7 years of professional experience, and have served as tech lead for a specific application, product area, or infrastructure
- Enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews and tech talks
- Can balance deep work with cross-team collaboration
- Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
- See yourself as an entrepreneur as well as an engineer
- Advanced English skills
- Great interest in working with a modern language like Kotlin to develop Server Side services and APIs
Ideally, you have:
- Good experience with a JVM language (3+ years). Experience with Koltin and SpringBoot is a plus
- Worked as a maintainer of Ruby/Rails applications
- A good command of Postgres and Elasticsearch with special attention to performance
- Experience with RabbitMQ or similar messaging queue systems
- Familiarity with observability and monitoring tools
- A good understanding of distributed systems and its challenges
- Have a general understanding of Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Basic knowledge of React
- You will join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
We believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways. If your background doesn't check all the boxes above, but you are passionate about backend engineering, we’d still love to hear from you.
AlphaSights is a leading global industry research platform. We leverage proprietary knowledge search technology powered by machine learning, natural language processing and data science to connect decision makers to globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs nearly 1,000 professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. AlphaSights has been consistently profitable since 2010, is internally (not VC/PE) funded and pursues a strategy of ambitious long-term growth.
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com