Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac's editor integrates git-like version control, task-based workflows, and lightning-fast collaboration to enable professionals to work like the world's fastest developers.
Almanac is used by the world's leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000. Our open source docs community, the Almanac Core, has 5000 templates from 1000+ contributors used by 100K users per month.
We're now hiring a Growth Product Manager to own our product-led growth strategy, roadmap and execution and ensure compounding growth by increasing referrals, activation and retention in our product.
About the role
We're looking for an ambitious, analytical product manager to work with our founders and a pod of growth engineers to drive user and revenue growth through Almanac's product.
Almanac is building a generational challenger to Microsoft Office –a platform that will become the primary work surface for 100 millions of people. We expect product-led growth to be the single biggest channel for acquiring new users and growing revenue. That is where you come in.
As our first Growth Product Manager, you'll build product experiences and infrastructure to grow Almanac's business: new users, activation, retention, revenue expansion. You'll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product features focused on driving 40% monthly revenue growth. You'll analyze data, implement A/B testing, and conduct qualitative research to inform your roadmap and work with our growth engineering pod to ship new features and growth tests that drive new revenue.
Specifically, you will
- Work with our founders and growth engineers to prioritize and implement new features and experiments to accelerate revenue growth
- Own product growth strategy, roadmap and execution at Almanac as part of a weekly sprint process within our growth team
We're looking for an ambitious PM who thrives in a high-velocity, empirical growth team. Please apply if you have:
- Worked in a product management or growth role for 2+ years
- Experience owning a roadmap, prioritizing features, and writing specs to clearly articulate requirements for engineers
- Worked on a sprint-based, test-driven growth team to deliver features that reduce churn, increase referrals, and improve activation
- Analyzed data using SQL and constructed dashboards for key product metrics like cohort-level activation, retention and engagement
- Worked on a product where product-led growth is the main growth channel
Skills that make you extraordinary
- Deep, experience-driven intuition around product-led growth strategies for SaaS and productivity and collaboration SaaS products
- A high-output, iterative, empirical approach to learning what resonates with potential customers
- Experience analyzing data and building dashboards using SQL or python
- Clear, precise written and verbal communication skills
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam