Senior Legal Counsel (in-house SaaS exp. required)
View all Aha! jobs →
Are you an attorney who wants to work remotely for one of the fastest-growing software companies? Do you have a passion for law, technology, and business?
Now, imagine this — you get to work directly with a proven team that is changing how the world’s best-known companies innovate and build products — all from your home office. And you are the go-to legal resource — because you are the first full-time attorney at Aha!
That sounds interesting, right? We are building a very different kind of company. We have no venture funding, no office, and no salespeople. We run the business differently. We serve thousands of enterprises and create tons of value for them and the team every day. And we do it in a people-first, structured way.
We are looking for a business-minded corporate attorney who is ready to take a huge career leap forward. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As Senior Corporate Counsel, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a breakthrough and profitable company that is growing fast. Aha! was founded by a proven team of Silicon Valley veterans whose last two businesses were acquired by well-known public companies. More than 200,000 users trust Aha! to link their brilliant strategy to their team's work and create visual roadmaps.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a JD degree from a top law school
- Is a licensed attorney in good standing in the state where they are located
- Has worked for a large law firm for 3+ years
- Has worked in-house at a technology company for 3+ years
- Is experienced in contract law and working directly with customers, especially in a SaaS setting
- Is comfortable working in multiple legal disciplines (e.g. contracts, regulatory, privacy, employment) at the same time
- Seeks harmony between pursuing growth and managing risk
- Writes exceptionally well
- Says “yes” and “no” with kindness
We are committed to being great, and we want someone who:
- Understands what the last S in SaaS stands for
- Wants to be the first in-house attorney at Aha! and work on all legal-related matters
- Has a "can do" attitude and a history of delivering superb work again and again
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Is seeking a career-defining opportunity on a proven, results-oriented team that has sold multiple software companies
We are building a distributed team, and you can work from anywhere in the United States for this role. We offer generous salary, equity, benefits, and a profit-sharing program.
For immediate consideration, please follow these helpful guidelines and contact us at Operationsfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you have the right background, we will quickly follow up with you. We are not working with recruiters or third-party agencies.