We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Platform group, responsible for driving the systems that enable our user's most important features.
As part of platform, you'll be developing and operating a wide range of backend functions and tools that enable the features our users love. Together with the team, you'll work remotely to implement architectural changes, drive platform stability, research new technologies and continuously advocate for the use of best practices. You'll frequently work with other engineering teams to deliver incremental product improvements and new features.
This position is 100% remote and only eligible for those who are authorized to work in Canada.
- Design, develop and iterate on backend services that handle millions of requests per day
- Develop and maintain platform components that enable our core product features
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to determine how to reliably scale backend systems
- Use a hands on approach to research, measure and improve application performance
- Work with infrastructure engineers to collaboratively plan and maintain tools that underpin our developer experience
- Work closely with leadership to identify and solve architectural and technological challenges
- Profit-sharing, distributed quarterly
- Frequent promotions
- 4 weeks vacation and paid sick days
- Happy Hour once a month
- Extended health benefits
- Continued education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Join a bootstrapped, product-focused, & customer-oriented team
- You have several years of experience with PHP 7+
- You have experience with modern cloud storage solutions such as BigQuery
- You are focused around quality and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- You have an understanding of system design and can quickly scope out projects
- You are comfortable around modern infrastructure tooling and understand how infrastructure relates to software development
- You learn fast and are eager to experiment, research and test new technologies to validate how they can be used to fulfill company goals