Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At Tutored by Teachers, we believe that when you put a teacher in front of a student, magic happens. As part of our engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and build the multi-faceted platform that enables that magic and ultimately amplifies it. Join us on our mission to close the opportunity gap!
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented racial minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At TbT, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need in the future. If you are excited by this job description and energized by the work we are doing, but you don't meet every qualification, please apply :)
As Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Architect, design and develop new web applications, tools, and distributed systems for the TbT ecosystem in Node, React, Typescript, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, and many others. You will get to work on your deliverable end-to-end, from the UX to the deployment logic.
- Mentor and support more junior developers in the organization
- Create, improve and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and without incurring technical debt
- Work closely with TbT educators, product managers, support representatives, and account executives to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar industry experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- A propensity to drive both yourself and the team to achieve results that delight customers
- A track record of delivering creative solutions which achieve efficient results
- An understanding of cloud technologies and how to leverage them to build an exceptional software development organization
- The ability to mentor and empower other engineers to demonstrate full ownership of educators' and students' problems
- Experience building B2B or B2C SaaS portals or applications
- Experience in ed-tech and/or a fast-growing early-stage company
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles and in-app analytics
- Familiarity working with and developing data models
- SQL proficiency
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Access to 401k to help save for the future
- Well-rounded wellness benefits include access to free and low-cost mental health resources and support services
- Fully remote work environment and a flexible schedule
- Company-owned laptop + home office equipment
- Annual in-person team retreats
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an unlimited vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
We do not work with hiring agencies. If you are an agency and reach out directly to individuals in the company, you will be ignored and blacklisted.