Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Director of Digital Marketing Job Description
Use your digital marketing and sales skills to help grieving and divorced people find Christ-centered encouragement and support. In this role you’d primarily:
- Develop digital-marketing strategies that:
- Lead churches to purchase and offer successful DivorceCare and GriefShare programs.
- Encourage people to join Divorcecare and GriefShare groups
- Encourage former DivorceCare and GriefShare participants to become DivorceCare and GriefShare volunteers
- Lead more participants and churches to purchase our DivorceCare and GriefShare supplemental resources
- Execute digital-marketing tactics and best practices in light of ministry goals and strategies
- Set up and manage digital-marketing campaigns (social media, paid search, SEO, email, etc.)
- Manage our email database in relation to segmentation, data cleanliness, and completeness.
- Oversee the creation of workflows/processes in our business system (NetSuite) that reflect marketing and sales funnels
- Evaluate marketing strategies, tactics, audiences, and content (designs, copy, imagery, etc.) to optimize campaigns.
Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit Christian ministry serving over 25,000 churches worldwide. From our headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, we create and publish video and web-based content to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises.
Additional responsibilities of the Director of Digital Marketing
The Director of Marketing will also:
- Make data-based recommendations for marketing content (videos, courses, webinars, articles, ebooks, ads, products, and other digital experiences) our publishing team can produce that would interest our target audiences.
- (In this role, the Director of Marketing is not responsible for coding websites, writing copy, creating imagery, videos or creating any other marketing content. That would be provided/created by our publishing teams.)
- Provide analytics & reports: The Director of Marketing also plays an analytical role in which he or she provides recurring and ad-hoc analyses and insights on ongoing marketing activities.
- Provide leadership: In this role, you’d be responsible to cross-functionally direct the work of members of our team who are working on marketing-related tasks. This would include our:
- Director of Church Ministries
- Part-time Digital Ambassador (our social media moderator)
- Part-time Ministry Coach and Digital Ambassador
- Digital-marketing contractors (as needed)
- At times you’ll also provide direction and feedback to other members of our Publishing Team (content creators) when they work on sales and marketing related projects.
- Collaborate: The position of the Director of Marketing is also collaborative and will work with our ministry’s IT, finance, and publishing teams. He or she will also work closely with our ministry’s Product Manager to develop products, ads, content, etc. that provide a seamless and consistent experience for those who encounter our DivorceCare and GriefShare brands.
- 5+ years in digital marketing and marketing operations
- Proven experience generating online sales through digital marketing
- Strategy and hands-on execution of SEM, SEO, organic social, paid social (Facebook), and email marketing
- Collaboratively developing and executing on a content marketing strategy
- Marketing leadership, including managing remote contractors
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, including experience with Google Analytics. (HotJar a plus)
- Strong understanding of customer journeys and targeting campaigns to customers at each stage
- Familiarity with landing page marketing and optimization. (Unbounce a plus)
- Experience with email platforms, such as Drip and SendGrid
- Experience with CRM or ERP preferred (NetSuite a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns for multiple brands in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
Required character: This position plays a central role in a Christian ministry, so it is important that applicants possess saving faith in Jesus Christ, actively participate in and belongs to a local church, and consistently demonstrate Christlike character (Gal. 5:22 -25, 2 Pet. 1:5 - 9, Rom. 12:6 - 21).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $97,000.00 per year