Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Ruby on Rails Engineer (mid-senior)
Who we are?
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world (including Poland 🇵🇱).
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
- Medium: 4 000 - 6 000 USD per month (B2B)
- Senior: 6 000 - 9 200 USD per month (B2B)
🚀 We also offer:
Flexible time off policy (26 days doesn’t have to be a limit)
- Flexible work hours
- Equity shares in a rapidly growing company backed by top-tier VCs
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas
- We work in Central European Time
- Newest MacBook + Setup Fee ($500)
🚀 Joining Housecall Pro means:
Building a product that really improves users’ lives (70k users, 4.6 rates at App Store) - learn more about the Housecall Pro mission;
- Being a part of the Polish team of engineers, who put the highest priority on the quality and safety of the technical solutions;
- Working with a mature, interdisciplinary dev team (almost 100% of the Polish squad are seniors);
- Having a real impact on technical decisions without breaking through the corporate, glass ceiling;
- Being in direct contact with the community of users, who are eager to share their feedback;
- You are committed to your work, open to feedback, and eager to share your knowledge, just like us :)
🚀 Join us if you have:
At least 3 years of professional experience in programming Rails applications
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby and Rails
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Excellent communication skills - you’ll be working with a dispersed team, so first-class communication is a must
- Experience with Sidekiq
- Practical understanding of SOLID principles
- Ability to estimate, design, and build a small epic end-to-end
- Fluency in Polish and English
🚀 You get extra points for:
- Working understanding of React
- Being interested in software architecture and distributed systems
- Understanding the importance of loosely coupled code and isolated domains within a monolithic application
- Working experience with DDD
We’re waiting for your resume!
This role is open to candidates inside Poland. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience.