Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Job Description – Head of Product
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Head of Product will work alongside our leadership team to manage the development of the Fold Card. This position requires a thoughtful and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about creating best-in-class products and bringing the Fold’s vision for the card to life.
How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card
As the Head of Product, you'll be responsible for product launches, go-to-market, messaging, positioning, user and market research, and raising the bar for our product experience. We're looking for an entrepreneurial leader who likes to set strategy, manage teams, but is also comfortable with a hands-on approach.
- Craft the vision and strategy for product development by performing customer research, telling a compelling product story, and quarterbacking the go-to-market process.
- No one person can launch a product alone, so it takes a leader to work with a diverse cross-functional to bring a product from idea to launch. If you're part-visionary, part-diplomat, part-manager, and part-communicator, you're on the right track.
- You will own the product from end to end. Put simply, you should be the CMO for the projects you own. In a fast-paced environment, you are expected to own problem areas and completely drive projects to completion.
- You will be the voice of the customer for the Fold Team and responsible for building a roadmap that outlines the vision, direction, priorities and progress of Fold products.
- Work with department heads to capture requirements and create the appropriate features and user stories with the development team.
- Understand and articulate demand: customer segments, investor behavior, market size and growth characteristics.
- Conduct and coordinate quantitative and qualitative inbound marketing research efforts to empathize and confirm what our target clients love and need most from Fold
- Manage an incubation environment designed to test and select the best ideas.
- Develop business cases for selected ideas, and for those funded, add to the product portfolio.
- Ideate and assess creative product ideas that differentiate Fold from its competitors.
- Understand our customers and their needs, and guide our team to ship remarkable solutions.
Why We’ll Love You
- You are solution-oriented - you keep improving the system each time you respond to a problem, rather than just resolving the specific issue.
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and can balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You have the ability to work through ambiguity and are comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
Why You’ll Love Us
Fold is fun. Our people are fun, our product is fun. We make financial freedom fun. We try to make our benefits fun, too!
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including paid parental leave, health, vision, dental insurance, and HSA/FSA and
- Generous 401k match
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Unlimited time off policy
- Yearly vacation stipend. We pay you to go on vacation, as long as you don’t do any work!
- Annual company retreats and optional mini onsites every quarter for our remote team to meet and co-work
- Do you hate Mondays? We close the office on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, and you’ll never have Monday meetings
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, spin on our “Spin and Go Weekend Wheel” during a weekly meeting and we’ll pay you to go travel that weekend wherever it lands.
- New to Bitcoin? We offer all our new hires a “starter pack” to get you up to speed, including learning materials about Bitcoin and your own hardware wallet.
- And much much more!
Head of Product Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience with launching products for fast-paced tech companies and managing teams. Ideally some experience in fintech or a personal passion for crypto.
- Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Demonstrated success in an innovative and agile high-growth environment.
- You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
- You have experience with multiple marketing channels and a history of focusing on the right message for the right customer and on the right channel.
- Highly analytical and comfortable with reporting and analysis of financial metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness, motivation, initiative and leadership.
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.