Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer with an affinity for server performance and stability to join us during this exciting time of growth and expansion. While we don't use hierarchical titles internally for individual contributor roles, the scope and compensation for this role are targeted towards someone who is senior in their experience. As part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the success of our company through helping to shape our culture while building products that touch thousands of companies around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the backend of new product features
- Find and address issues that improve app stability and performance
- Make significant contributions to every aspect of the product and business
- Provide expertise and leadership to the Engineering team
- Mentor and sponsor other engineers
- Contribute to an inclusive culture
- Inspire learning and continuous improvement
- Identify when we’re starting to outgrow a system or tool and propose solutions
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$175,000 annually.
- Strong Ruby on Rails Skill Set. You are a seasoned Ruby on Rails developer (around 6+ years experience) with a strong preference for collaborative learning environments. You have familiarity with Heroku, AWS, or other cloud service providers.
- Quality Oriented. You are accustomed to maintaining and monitoring systems, and are passionate about continually improving codebase health. We use Sentry and Papertrail for logging, HireFire for scaling, CircleCI for continuous deployment, plus Sisense (Periscope) and Mixpanel for analytics.
- Future Focused. You look out for opportunities to proactively make upgrades and prepare to scale systems before the product outgrows them.
- Self-sufficient. You are capable of leading, managing, and delivering projects with minimal guidance. You enjoy a fast-paced startup environment.
- Highly Organized. You thrive on bringing order to the software development process.