AlmaLinux Team is offering you an opportunity to improve one of the well-known open-source projects — AlmaLinux OS.
AlmaLinux OS is 1:1 binary compatible with RHEL and the most popular CentOS replacement. It's completely free and driven by the community.
There are infrastructure projects that you are going to develop and contribute to. AlmaLinux Build System is one of these. It includes several stages from building and releasing a package to automating the process and enhancing its features.
The Team invites you to work in close cooperation with the community on such valuable and open projects.
Moreover, as a part of this expert team, you are going to work on interesting and ambitious internal projects.
What you will do:
- You will be involved in the design of the AlmaLinux OS Build automation system and other open source projects.
- You will also work on other open-source projects that are part of the ecosystem: Pulp, Gitea, Mock, Ansible, etc.
You will be an active member of the AlmaLinux community.
- 5+ years of Python programming experience
- GNU/Linux operating system and shell scripting experience
- Experience with git-based development processes
- English - intermediate and higher
Will be a plus:
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- AWS S3/EC2, Azure experience
- Knowledge of RPM/DEB packages build process (mock, pbuilder, etc.).
- Python 3
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Redis
- FastAPI, Celery
- VueJS, Quasar framework
What's in it for you?
- A great opportunity for professional development within the young and fast-growing company.
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Remote work with long-term employment on a full-time basis under contract
- High-level compensation based on the performance reviews
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month vacation per year and sick leaves
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- English educational programs
- Individual coach sessions
- Ability to study and attend seminars and training according to the request
- Co-working and gym/sports compensations
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent