Hello. Biteable here. We're always looking for great talent around the world and would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, and we'd love to stay in touch and reach out if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Biteable!
A little about Biteable
Biteable is an online video tool that puts the power of making a video in your hands. We enable you to create a video from scratch using our broad library of animations and footage.
Since launching in 2014, the goal has been to make top-quality videos possible for everyone with a tool that’s sublimely simple. We have created a community of over 7 million users, rendered more than 12 million videos, and raised $10 million in venture capital.
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our employees. We love it when everyone feels supported, and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from Denver to Salt Lake City to Sydney and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us. We treat each other like adults, and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families (and pets) are part of our daily lives, and we like that they often turn up on our video calls. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
Biteable is a bit of a rarity in that everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
About the Role:
Engineering Managers at Biteable are player-coaches, responsible for two-pizza teams of individual contributors. ICs may be on the same product squad as their managers, or in the same function on a different squad. Engineering managers may also serve as development leads on their squads.
Engineering Managers at Biteable work closely not just with their direct reports or other engineers, but with product managers, designers, customer support, and executives. A collaborative and transparent approach to work is foundational.
Candidates for this role should have deep technical expertise in one or more of the areas listed below, as the team will look to its managers for guidance on thorny problems. Furthermore, successful candidates for this role will possess the self awareness and emotional intelligence that are the hallmarks of excellent leadership.
All about you:
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years as an engineering manager or lead, preferably of 5 or more people
- Degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable industry experience
- Significant experience delivering high-visibility SaaS products and projects
- Significant experience on distributed teams
Expertise in some aspect of the following
- API development
- Front-end web development
- Data engineering
- QA engineering
- SR engineering
- Audio/video engineering
- Payments systems
- Authentication/authorization systems
- Devops and infrastructure as code (specifically on AWS)
- Domain-driven design
- Ability to decompose product specs into actionable technical specs
- Self awareness and empathy
- Ability to advocate for individual contributors, while balancing their priorities against business priorities
- Ability to manage projects and deliverables through to completion
- Ability to motivate individual contributors and squads to deliver at a higher level than they ever have before
- Demonstrated leadership in engineering best practices
All about the role. You will:
- Deliver timely and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Lead recruiting and interviewing to grow your team, including diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Own engineering/technical roadmap for your area
- Work closely with product managers and other technical leaders on product/feature definition, prioritization, resourcing, and sequencing
- Facilitate design and architecture reviews
- Strategically implement low-effort guardrails for team
- Responsible for delivery of high-quality code
- Communicate team status up and out
- Practice and promote engineering best practices