Posted Jul 14
Headquarters: Farmington, UT
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap. Code School is a Pluralsight company.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to work with our team to implement new product features, third-party integrations, and internal tools. This is a remote position. Even though we work on distributed teams, we’re highly collaborative and constantly communicating on Slack, Github, or Screenhero.
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual Improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous Teams - making their own product & development choices
- Cross-functional Teams - collaborating through all phases of the product development process
- Customer Research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting Leaders - who trust us to create and don't impose deadlines or features
These are the technologies we work with (don't sweat it if you're only familiar with some of these):
- Server-side - Ruby on Rails
- Client-side - React, CoffeeScript, Sass, Html
- Github - Pos, Code Reviews
- Databases - PostgreSQL, Redis
- Messaging - RabbitMQ, Pub/Sub Architecture
- DevOps - Linux, SaltStack
What you'll own:
- Write software applications that meet technical standards.
- Participate in the planning phase of new projects by sharing input, technical limitations, and time/resource estimations.
- Look for ways to improve development systems, and help standardize processes and procedures based on experience.
- Coordinate technical requirements and communication across several teams remotely.
Experience you'll need:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- At least two years of experience working with web technologies like Rails.
- Have a passion for learning and for helping others learn.
- Ability to manage time effectively and schedule tasks over time.
- Intrinsic motivation to complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep interest in working on a distributed team.
We're committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight and our mission inspires everything we do.
Creating Progress Through Technology That Lifts The Human Condition.
This is our North Star - it's the why and how behind all of our decisions. Since our start in 2004, we've chosen to grow in a way that sill make our Mission a reality. We've raised over $190 million in funding and acquired five awesome startups (PeepCode, TrainSignal, Tekpub, Digital Tutors, and Code School) that have grown our platform in immense ways. We're growing quickly and we're looking for people who are passionate about making a serious impact on technology -- and the world. We invite you to help us create the future while doing the best work of your life.
Need more inspiration? Take a look at what others are saying on Glassdoor and on social media at #WeArePluralsight. Check out our awards as well, or find who you know on LinkedIn who works at Pluralsight and learn what drives their desire to make the world a better place. and it's okay to be curious about our benefits - they're one great example of our purpose-driven people programs that enable our teams to do amazing work.
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position
Apply at http://smrtr.io/1Tp7ug