Who we are
digitalCounsels is a privately owned Swiss Legal Tech startup founded in 2017. We are building a platform which automates legal services and makes them available for the consumer market. Our philosophy is to rethink legal advice as a commodity.
What we are looking for
For the development of our core products, we are immediately looking for a reliable, engaged and open-minded
Senior Web Developer (Full Stack)
What to expect
Since you are going to be the first member of our development team, this is an important key position. In close collaboration with our CTO, you will be responsible for the development of our platform, APIs and integrations. Starting with the fundamental architecture up to the implementation of single features in the back- and front-end, you will take over responsibility and develop innovative, scalable and sustainable software solutions. Subject to appropriate qualifications, you will be given the chance to take over the lead developer role after the development team has reached a certain size.
This is a fully remote position; we encourage you to work from wherever you feel comfortable. However, you must be willing to work with at least a 3-hour overlap with 9am – 6pm CET and travel to Switzerland from time to time.
- You provide more than 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in software engineering in web environments.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You solve problems independently, work carefully, organized and precisely.
- You consider state-of-the-art as required minimum quality.
- Using a coding standard and writing clean code are natural for you.
- You are open for new technologies and methodologies.
- You are continuously and autonomously improving your knowledge.
- Good knowledge of CSS3 (SASS), HTML5, Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Strong experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL.
- Strong experience with Laravel 5 or at least Symfony 3 is required.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and ES6.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Git, Apache, Vagrant and Unix environments in general (including shell).
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with large and scalable enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of professional software development (architecture patterns, design patterns, idoms).
- A good eye for UI/UX details.
- Possibility to work from wherever you like.
- Very demanding and wide-ranging tasks.
- Modern tools, technologies and methods (PHP 7, ES6 and other fancy stuff).
- A young and dynamic team with flat hierarchies.
- Very flexible working hours.
- 5 weeks of paid vacations.
- Equity, based on a fair valuation.