Lead DevOps Engineer -- Cryptocurrency trading
Undisclosed cryptocurrency trading company
Headquarters: Mexico City
Must be located: Anywhere
View all Undisclosed cryptocurrency trading company jobs →
Here’s some of the cool scaling issues we’re going to tackle:
- We’re currently managing 20 microservices, which will likely double in the next 6 months.
- These microservices will soon become clustered microservices, so each of the 20-40 services will have multiple servers behind them.
- As a proprietary trading company, our software products don’t face the world, so they don’t need to scale in the traditional horizontal webservicey way. Rather, there are few users but with extremely low latency requirements. Services don’t need to service many users, but they can’t ever go down, and they can’t ever be slow.
- We want to go from Terascale to Petascale computing. But in addition to the size of the historical data on which we operate, we need to have real-time analysis of these data.
- Java 8 + Lagom Framework for the service layer
- React + Gatsby + Ngnix on the frontend
- Cassandra for persistence
- Kafka for messaging
- Elasticsearch + Logstash + Kibana for logging and monitoring
- Gradle and SBT for builds
- Git for version control
- We are in need of a CI/CD system
- Debian-based VMs in the cloud for infrastructure
- We’ll need help with containerization + some kind of infrastructure layer like DCOS Mesosphere or Kubernetes, but those are really the types of decisions we’ll be looking for you to make.
- 5+ years working professionally in a DevOps role
- 3+ years Java programming experience
- 5+ years scripting (Bash, Python, etc.) experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a technical degree like mathematics, physics, or engineering.
Apply for this position
Send a CV to email@example.com. Include a short cover letter in the body of the email explaining why you think you're the right person for the job. We see a lot of applications, so please keep things original.