UC San Diego
Information Systems Analyst 3
Extended Deadline: Tue 4/6/2021
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000 /year
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and within Information Technology Services. Crafting a culture around these values allows us to more deeply connect with and appreciate our employees, students, and campus partners. Information Technology Services is continuously working to build a community where we all feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. We do this not only because it is what’s right, but because we know that diversity drives insight and innovation. We are proud to partner closely UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as their dedication to this mission helps us all to drive change.
Financial Information Services (FIS) supports administrative financial systems, such as Oracle Financial Cloud, and applications for budgeting, financial management of revenue/expenses, purchasing and travel. FIS supports a range of services that seek to empower business clients with solutions that integrate with central office operations. As a future oriented organization FIS offers challenging opportunities in a fast-paced and innovative environment, while seeking continuous improvement through lean methodologies.
FIS is seeking an Information Systems Analyst to become a member of a focused, experienced team supporting a financial environment with evolving technologies. This position will provide significant opportunity to learn, contribute and grow in the evolution of IT operations. We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter and strongly motivated to optimize service and efficiency while growing her/his skills. Year one will include the opportunity to work with Windows and Redhat Linux servers, several RDBMS databases, Gitlab CI/CD, Apache Nifi, Docker containers, and SpringBoot applications. Key elements of this role include the following:
Maintain and administer, with minimal guidance and support, the computing environment, including Windows and Linux server, services, systems software, applications software, and their configurations. Apply technical expertise of system integration to support Financial Information Services, and related Health Sciences server administrative activities. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve server, software, network and system problems. Provide data integration including data identification, meta data documentation, job development, and scheduling. Analyze data to improve data operations, ensure data accuracy and optimize storage utilization. Install new software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing systems. Manage computer operation scheduling, monitoring, backup, storage and retrieval functions. Coordinate with enterprise partners maintenance changes for hardware and software services. Prepare and maintain documentation of local computing infrastructure. Evaluates and recommends new technologies based on evidence-based cost/benefit analyses. Assist with the creation, modification, and revision of protocols, instructions, procedures, or manuals. Provide end-user support for all aspects of the computing environment.
• Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Employee must be available to travel as required.
• Broad knowledge of various areas of IT. Ability to support virtual Linux and Window servers including software installation, configuration and security. Ability to set up and manage web servers, Docker or similar utilities. Knowledge of cloud based software platforms such as GitLab, ServiceNow, or Oracle Financials.
• Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Basic knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications. Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with version control systems, CI/CD, and/or IDEs.
• Proven ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals and software. Understanding of and experience troubleshooting client, server and peripherals related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis.
• Demonstrated experience with database administration. Working knowledge of database management systems and standards. Knowledge relating to database system design. Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases.
• Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Demonstrated skill at administering moderately complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
• Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
• Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
a) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
b) Vacation/holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year)
c) Work/Life Balance
d) Life insurance
e) UC Retirement Plan
f) Pet Insurance
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.