Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As a Technical Project Manager at Township, you will play a front and center role in leading our teams to success. You will collaborate with Engineering Team Leads as well as our Operations Team to spearhead whatever efforts you see fit to organize and prioritize our project timelines, while growing as a strong individual contributor. You will have opportunities to shape process and perhaps even grow a department — all with clear feedback and mentorship along the way. The day-to-day of this role will be focused on:
- Empowering our team to do its very best, day in and day out.
- Defining deadlines, details, and adaptive priorities. You will be responsible for wrangling project scope and goals and seeing them through to the end.
- Providing consistency and follow through in all areas of a project, including task completion, status communication, and more.
- Maintaining strong, proactive communication, allowing for success in both asynchronous and synchronous work.
- Keeping an eye on a wide range of projects all at once, including managing their competing deadlines.
- Leading effective team meetings, such as sprint planning, and being the guiding light for next steps.
- Practicing attention to detail, which is a bullet point on every job post out there, but we really mean it this time. 😏
- Carve out processes as Township’s first hire of this kind, and have enough confidence to work independently. You’ll receive lots of support from the team, but ultimately you’ll be leading the charge in this area.
- Be directly responsible for the planning, managing, documentation, and success of assigned projects.
- Show good judgment about who needs to be in the know about what and when, and skillfully pass on information in a thoughtful, organized way.
- Provide oversight for project tasks, milestones, and deliverables, and ensure they match the overall project plan.
- Skillfully navigate challenging conversations with clients.
- Manage backlog of new requests from clients, as needed.
- Manage and follow through on change requests, as needed.
- Cultivate an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration.
- A working knowledge of the life cycle of a software development project.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and sprint planning.
- Experience with QA and documenting findings well.
- The ability to remain positive and flexible through the challenges that come along with client work.
- A passion for removing blockers for your team.
If you check most or all of these boxes, we would love to consider you for our Technical Project Manager position. Most qualified applicants will have 3 to 5 years of engineering experience.