is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
We know sales tax isn't fun for anyone, so we're determined to ease the burden with an exceptional customer experience. To achieve this, we provide the same incredible quality of life for our team members as we do for our customers by creating a professional, unique, award-winning
place to work. We have many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and everything we do is guided by our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We’re fast-growing, fully-distributed, talented, and driven. We live all across the US, working from our homes, local libraries, co-working spaces, airstreams - pretty much anywhere we can and do accomplish great work. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably, and we believe a diverse team can create better solutions for our customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Full Stack Engineer who wants to help us make e-commerce easier for everyone.
As a Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails / Vue) for TaxJar you will:
- Bring new tools and features to life that support our customers and make handling sales tax easier. This includes collaborating with your team, researching implementation strategies, iteration planning, development, and maintenance - everything needed to deliver a quality product.
- Build end-to-end user experiences by taking on user interaction on the frontend, data modeling on the backend, and ongoing performance monitoring & improvements.
- Support your team in breaking down large product initiatives into deliverable iterations and in helping us aggressively meet our goals.
- Crafting a delightful onboarding experience for customers during their trial.
- Proactively notifying customers of ways to stay compliant with changing sales tax regulations.
- Giving customers new insights and discoverability into their transactional data.
- Overhauling our application’s look and feel with a new dashboard and view components.
- Adding new payment methods and features for customer subscriptions.
- A deep understanding of Ruby on Rails, typical of someone with about 5 years experience.
- Extensive experience with modern JS frameworks, typical of someone with about 2 years experience.
- Be an exceptional team player - hungry, humble, and empathetic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fanatic about quality user experiences.
- You love writing and understand how critical it is for the engineering process and a distributed team.
- Prior SaaS experience in the eCommerce industry or similar.
- Production experience with Vue.js.
- A commitment to see the business impact of your engineering work.
- Experience with the rest of our tools & tech (Postgres, Redis, Jira, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience in a technical leadership role.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are open and accountable
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Want to make a positive impact at TaxJar and who aren’t afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement ($100 a month to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.