Looking for work that matters? How about making a difference in the lives of millions of Canadians?
YOU’LL MAKE GREATER IMPACT IN 3 MONTHS THAN YOU DID IN 3 YEARS AT YOUR LAST JOB
At Snap Projections, we use a highly collaborative product development process. You’ll become part of a truly integrated team of designers, engineers and various stakeholders to define and deliver valuable new features and improvements for Snap Projections’s clients. We involve a heavy dose of analysis and design right from the very start of any feature work and this continues throughout development until release.
As the Product Manager, you will be the voice of the customer and present the “why” behind our features in order to ensure alignment around product roadmap prioritization and day to day planning. Our product development team works as a group along with key stakeholders to understand product feature gaps and develop solutions to determine the best way forward.
The team members communicate regularly throughout the process on progress, roadblocks and issues and are able to adapt and quickly adjust as the situation changes. We use modern product development processes (with elements of Sprint and a Kanban board) to create visibility across features, measure progress and eliminate the roadblocks. We constantly make small improvements to our process as the team finds better and more effective ways of doing our work.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Becoming an expert on our users, gaining a deep understanding of our users and their problems by conducting user interviews.
- Defining priorities for product features through analysis of customer problems and working with engineering to define possible solutions.
- Prioritizing and managing the roadmap and backlog.
- Applying problem solving frameworks (e.g. A3) with the team to develop solutions.
- Testing the solutions, measuring the velocity, identifying bottlenecks and improving the overall process.
- Facilitating communication between stakeholders and team members ensuring everyone has a shared understanding of the problem and the solution.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You previously worked in a product management role and are familiar with modern product management processes.
- You are extremely tech-savvy, with a high degree of technical competence around web and software in general.
- You’ve got a strong sense of UI/UX design principles.
- You interact well with a team, customers and executive stakeholders.
- You are an organized and tenacious problem solver.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- You have a good understanding of the Canadian financial industry i.e. RRSP, TFSA, Tax (or are ready to learn at a blistering pace).
- Accounting, financial planning or investment designations (CA/CPA, CFP, CIM) are highly valued but not required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You need to have a functioning home office, i.e. quiet place to work (and take calls), reliable high-speed internet.
- This is a full-time position based remotely in Canada. If you are not based in Canada, please do NOT apply.
WHY WORK WITH US
- Fun place to work: a tight-knit results-driven team, freedom of location and flexibility of work hours.
- Personal growth / impact: join a company that is already off to a great start, benefit personally from learning about financial planning and shape your own career direction as the company grows while positively impacting millions of people.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Macbook and budget for home office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY TO BE OUR INSIDE PRODUCT MANAGER
- Email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org (no recruiters please).
- Put “Product Manager” in the subject line and nothing else.
- Tell me why you want to work at Snap Projections.
- Record a brief video (phone quality is fine) to tell me why you are excited about the position.
If you’ve included everything requested in your email and your application is solid, I’ll reach out and we’ll jump on a Zoom call. The rest of the interview process will continue from there.
I hope we get a chance to work together.
Founder & CEO