- You are motivated by working on hard and challenging problems rather than showing up just to check boxes.
- You are driven by building a world class product and better user experience
- You are passionate about building teams and delivering products.
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, engineers, customer success and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You are comfortable navigating uncharted waters within the company.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to delivering value and taking full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You understand how to balance scope of work with execution, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development.
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas.
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions.
- Participate in code reviews, vendor selection, research, 1 on 1’s and discussion to help you and the team with professional development.
- 3-6 years experience with Ruby and Rails.
- Are able to work in a fully-remote environment.
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration, analytics
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
Nice to have
- Wordpress and PHP experience.
- Experience using Kanban to meet deliverables.
- Experience with kubernetes.
- Experience with webpack.
- Experience with GraphQl
How We Measure Success
First 30 days
- Learn and become proficient in our code base.
- Take over daily responsibilities.
- Help prepare the code base, processes, and assist hiring of team members.
- You will start to move the bar forward to our first major Milestone of Us and Candian Search Portals by:
- Begin to gain knowledge and proficiency in real estate listing RETS and WebAPI data feed protocols.
- Work closely with frontend engineers to build the required endpoints to implement our milestone projects.
- Play a key role in the implementation of our initial milestone project, building a national real estate search portal for eXp Realty. You'll be extending our existing technology and where necessary replacing it to support the scope of this project.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of our future major milestone projects.
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth implementation of 100s of new real estate data sources.
- Work closely with the engineering and product teams to design and implement the endpoints required to support future milestone projects.
- Work with a team on adding more MLS data sources.
- Help plan the roadmap for the next Milestone project and contribute to its implementation and on-time, on-spec delivery.
People You'll Work With
We are a highly collaborative and cross-functional organization. As you pursue your objectives and Showcase IDX’s goals, you will be working closely with:
- Scott Lockhart - CEO
- Alan Pinstein - COO
- Scott Davis - Director of Engineering
- Kurt Uhilr - CMO
- Tiffany Soucy - Customer Success Manager
- Andi Bodway-Werneth - Onboarding Manager
In addition to a competitive salary, Showcase IDX offers:
- Stock Option Grant
- Flexible PTO
- Quality Medical + Dental + Vision
- Tax-Free Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance