Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A Solutions Engineer to direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. This person will provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products. You will work with management to define new products and serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
In This Role You Will...
- Introduce and design solutions to customers in pre and post sales engagements.
- Engage with customers to ensure their successful leverage of products, as well as teaming up with internal global teams Sales, Support, Product, Marketing and Development.
- Support sales teams with their mission and contribute significantly to the customer journey to build technical win.
- Train customers about Shogun and products.
- Influence the features and roadmap of products based on customer needs.
- Establish technical credibility and confidence in recommended solutions leveraging your product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical Q&A, business process diagrams, and product roadmap discussions
- Articulate selected recommendations and the business value they provide to diverse audiences
- Keep current with the latest technology trends related to the Shogun landscape.
- Experience with React and JSX.
- Ecommerce Industry Experience is a plus, especially within agencies.
- 3 years experience in technical sales or sales engineering position is required.
- Experience with Software Architecture design and product development a plus.
- Experience with software implementation at scale
- Proven ability to build Proof of Concept implementations.
- Experience with complex sales engagements and strong sales acumen.
- Experience leading regional/industry teams, appropriate knowledge of methodologies and technology.
- Ability to uncover, comprehend, and document complex business challenges, processes, and architecture
- Proven collaboration and verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class