We are a digital art gallery looking for a Ruby on Rails specialist to develop and maintain a healthy codebase. Our team is small and agile with focus on rapid delivery, so we value people who are flexible, willing to learn and venture out of their expertise area in order to get the job done.
As a back-end developer you will work on upgrading our back-end to Rails 6, improving and expanding our REST API, collaborating closely with Front-End developers to deliver new features. We may need your help with blockchain integration, Front-End tasks, updating current apps or porting them to new platforms. Your input will be user-facing and will determine overall success of the company. We expect this role to grow into a back-end lead.
What will you do
- Develop, test and release solid code in Ruby on Rails
- Work together with our engineers to develop API services
- Involve with development of our upcoming blockchain integration
- Help migrate the codebase to Rails 6
- Develop our new website features, media delivery pipeline and Open Platform
- Perform QA tasks for every release along with the team
- Plan iterations periodically and consult new product features
- Ruby on Rails design patterns and best practices
- Extensive involvement with Ruby on Rails over the last few years
- Experience with REST, MySQL, AWS
- Rails application security, scalability and performance
- Good communication skills
- Bonus Knowledge of other technologies we use: React, React Native, ElasticSearch, Tizen, Chromecast, Blockchain
What we offer
- A good base salary and employee share options
- Opportunity to work with an exciting and aesthetically pleasing product - a system to collect and display digital art
- Work-life balance with 40-hour weeks
- Flexible working hours. Work when you’re most productive, take a holiday when you need one.
- Fully remote team
- No unnecessary meetings
- Opportunity to grow in a small team with little overhead and hands-on experience over product development