About Our Company
Refact is a growth-stage product design and management agency helping news and media organizations like the Hustle, Work Week, and State Affairs connect with their audiences and create independent, sustainable businesses, building digital platforms with millions of subscribers. Our distributed team of creative product definers, designers, and builders enjoy our close teamwork, with a strong sense of ownership and care for each other and our clients.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and seasoned Product Strategist to join our team and help us create the best products on the web for our clients and continue scaling our impact. We care deeply about the quality of our work and our customer satisfaction. We find delight in leaving users feeling understood and happy.
If you love working with people who enjoy what they do in a positive and energized work environment, keep reading.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about bringing digital products to life in media/publishing
- You enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced, high-engagement environment
- You are energized by building new relationships and people warm to you quickly
- You are a curious, critical thinker and prefer to deeply understand a problem space before exploring solutions
- You always seek to cultivate a people-centric work environment, believing systems built on empathy help people do their best work
- You are a proactive communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and the self management skills to be a reliable contributor in a remote environment
- You are ready for a new challenge, hungry to make an impact, and keen to grow
What You’ve Done
- You’ve led a cross-functional team developing a digital product in the media/publishing space
- You’ve been a key participant in discovery and product definition for multiple digital products, including stakeholder interviews, solution design, and requirements definition
- You’ve spent time serving in an agency environment and are used to negotiating tradeoffs with client stakeholders and working within constraints
- You’ve been a close contributor to estimation and budget management considerations for digital products
- Bonus: You have a substantial background in a hands-on role as a UX Designer or Frontend Developer, creating advanced WordPress solutions
What You’ll Do At Refact
- Lead discovery and product strategy for new client engagements, surfacing key drivers of business value, collaborating with client stakeholders and the Refact team to create and define effective solutions
- Build strong client relationships, developing a clear understanding of business and people dynamics, adding value as a trusted advisor and cultivating healthy expectations.
- During client engagements, serve as the product team’s guide for priorities and scope decisions to maximize customer value, helping manage expectations and serving as an escalation point between the customer and product team.
- Shape and enhance our product management expertise and approach and mentor contributors in the product domain and other related disciplines.
- Support sales activities, contributing to proposals, estimations, contract development, and through surfacing new opportunities with existing leads and clients.
- As a key contributor, share your perspective to help shape the strategy and planning for the agency overall.
What Success Looks Like
- Signing more client engagements, as a result of more effective and trust-building discovery and a deeper alignment between client needs and wants and product strategy.
- Increasing client satisfaction, as a result of a clearer understanding of client needs, better management of client expectations, and greater delivery of business value and impact.
- Increasing lifetime value of client relationships, as a result of client satisfaction and effectively uncovering additional drivers of business value and opportunities to serve.
- Increasing team satisfaction, as a result of greater product definition clarity, improved product guidance, and more satisfied clients.
- Your own satisfaction from playing a key role in Refact’s success, making a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and your teammates’ quality of life.
Benefits & Pay
- Work remotely and flexibly, with the growth opportunities that come from significant trust and responsibility. (Most synchronous work activities happen during business hours in US-ET.)
- Contextualized to your location, we provide support for healthcare and home internet services.
- Enjoy flexible time off to support your wellbeing and help you be your best inside and outside of work.
- Work alongside colleagues who truly care for each other and a positive work environment.
- This role could be a match for a senior-level contributor up to an experienced director/VP or agency principal, with compensation varying accordingly.
- We’re open to special consideration if you have an extensive industry background and network, including the possibility of partner-level participation or equity.
Apply now and share why this role excites you and how you may be who we’re looking for. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria listed here, if this seems like a match, we want to hear from you. If you aren’t a match for this role, please share this with anyone you know who might be!