Now Hiring: Executive Assistant to the CEO
📈 401(k) + match
🔑 Work with the CEO
💡 2+ Years of Experience
🗺 Anywhere in the United States
💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
🏖️ 3 weeks PTO + 10 Federal Holidays
⚕️ Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
💰 Competitive Salary & $5000 a year bonus
About the Role
I’m looking for someone who is smart, organized, and trustworthy to be my executive assistant. I place an extremely high value on proactivity, independence, and accountability. Bluntly, I’m looking for a perfectionist who can be incredibly organized and extraordinarily protective of my time.
- This is not an entry-level assistant position. You MUST have at least 2+ years of experience working remotely as an executive assistant for an executive or business owner. I’m looking for someone whose career goal is to be an assistant, not someone that sees being an assistant as a stepping stone to another career.
- You are extremely protective of my time and finite energy levels and this shows in all facets of your role. Everything from our fast-paced check-in meetings, that you will run with a goal of running down your checklist as quickly as possible, to not needing emails between us starting with a please and ending with a thank you to save time. If you love direct clear communication that is as efficient as possible, you will love this role.
- You’ll handle my business and personal details. This covers a wide variety of tasks including scheduling, email, maintaining relationships, making gift recommendations for family, and making personal appointments. This is a job for someone who enjoys and is motivated by variety.
- You have a great positive attitude and are energized when you are juggling many tasks at the same time. If you feel a busy day is a happy day, this is a great role for you.
- You are extremely trustworthy and have high personal integrity. You will be given access to personal and business information that needs to be kept absolutely confidential.
- You want to be empowered to have complete ownership of your work and be accountable for it. I describe the desired outcome, and you have the flexibility to achieve it in the best way you see fit. Independent problem solving is essential.
- I’m not looking for someone who waits for me to give them a list of tasks to complete each day. Instead what I am looking for is someone who intercepts and handles incoming work, proactively takes work off my plate, and only leaves for me work that is truly the best use of my time.
- This is a full-time remote position. So you can work anywhere in the United States during east coast business hours. We communicate with Slack, email, Zoom, phone, and project management tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage all of the day-to-day administrative tasks for me.
- Manage my schedule, appointments, and calendar. Organize my time such that I only work on those very few tasks that are vital and actually move the business forward. Proactively intercept work and take it off my plate.
- Handle all communications on my behalf (e.g. Calls, Emails, Social Media, Staff Questions, Meeting Follow-Up, Etc.)
- Improve on and implement new systems and processes.
- Prepare information and research and act as the point person for a wide variety of projects.
- Handle personal details such as shopping, ordering gifts, scheduling personal appointments, and finding and scheduling local services.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- The ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order, and in the correct manner.
- The ability to never lose track of something that is sent to you. I need to completely trust your ability to not lose track of tasks and for you to communicate when it is complete or feedback is needed.
- Working knowledge of typical online tools such as Trello, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, Zoom.
- The ability to learn very quickly. You will need to learn how to use dozens of different software tools to be effective.
- A systems mindset and the ability to clearly document processes so we can achieve consistent results every time.
- Extreme attention to detail, pride in how few mistakes you can make, and the determination not to make the same mistake twice.
Education and Experience
- At least 2+ years experience as a remote executive assistant for a business owner or executive.
- Exceptional ability to efficiently communicate progress on multiple projects.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Trustworthy with strong personal integrity.
- Top-notch communication skills via email and phone, internally and with customers/vendors.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks.
- Perfectionist, super attention to detail.
- Since this is a remote position, you must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having a limited amount of face-time.
- Experience managing admin paperwork required to run a business (e.g. HR paperwork, compliance documents, etc.).
- Skilled at finding and managing contractors to complete a task, both professionally and personally. For example, finding a copywriter freelancer to do some copy work. Or finding someone to come clean out a clogged house gutter as soon as possible.
About Prometheus Interactive
At Prometheus Interactive
we find neglected, underperforming apps and make them amazing. Our brilliant and resourceful team does this by bolstering features and growing the user base within our apps. Our current portfolio consists of Android and iOS apps, as well as a web SaaS product.
We are a “small but mighty” crew of professionals with a passion for enhancing apps. Although the team is spread apart across the globe, our leadership spends a lot of time and energy building a vibrant remote company culture. Our fast-growing startup has an amazing work/life balance and will remain a fully remote opportunity for all employees. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team, we welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) + match
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- Paid time off for 10 federal holidays
- $5000 a year bonus for you to take a completely work-free vacation.
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Work remotely. We’re spread out all over the world – The United States, Russia, the Philippines, and more. We will never make you come into an office.
- The opportunity to work with an incredible group of motivated and supportive people
How To Apply
Being as detailed as possible, please answer the following in your cover letter:
- Please tell me about yourself — your professional background and your experience in support work. Please be specific.
- I accidentally left my sunglasses at a coffee shop this morning after my meeting. What can you do to get them back to me?
- I need a new roof on the house. How would you go about accomplishing that goal?
- I recently moved across the country, don’t yet have a new dentist and I’ve run out of prescription toothpaste. How would you get me more?
- I need to go to Chicago in the next month for 4 days for a conference. What steps would you take to help me?